• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign keeps adding blank pages on the back cover of my booklet. How can I change that?

Participant ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have twelve pages in my book but when I added two pages to my booklet InDesign added in two blank pages with one of them being on the back cover. Is there a way to keep the page that should be on the back cover on the back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

pik80 wrote:

Would it allow me to have a back cover if I made my book 16 pages? I did that and it is still giving me a blank back cover.

It should, but you must set the print dialog in the setup to include blank pages. Sounds like you've added your pages, but they are not being included, so ID thinks it's still a 14-page file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The booklet script is set up to work in multiples of 4 pages so your page of 12 plus 2 is not a multiple of 4. It's adding the others to get to 16.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it allow me to have a back cover if I made my book 16 pages? I did that and it is still giving me a blank back cover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16 should work, please show us a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pik80 wrote:

It should, but you must set the print dialog in the setup to include blank pages. Sounds like you've added your pages, but they are not being included, so ID thinks it's still a 14-page file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that makes sense. I didn't see the print blank pages option at first because I was still in the print booklet dialog. In the booklet dialog it only shows the option to print blank printer spreads. I wonder how those options are different? Print blank printer spreads will only work it you have two blank spreads in a row?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A spread would only be blank if both pages were blank, but it really has nothing to do with having two blank spreads in a row. If you are manually duplexing the job you might want to not print blank spreads, but I think the risk of missng where it goes is so great that it's not worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines