4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2012 10:33 PM by Pattie F RSS

I get Exit code 15  issue on CS installation, should I use the CS6 Cleaner Tool?

J0elamite Community Member

Upon startup the CS6 Beta would pop up the error that the sniffer_gpu.exe stopped working, and would not open.  I updated my graphics card drivers suspecting an OpenGL issue, but that didn't solve my problem.

I then uninstalled CS6 via the control panel, and attempted to reinstall hoping that would fix things, but 2% into the process the installation fails with the following error:  Inconsistency in the installer database - please restart your computer and install again.

There is a link to an error summary file, which reads:

Exit Code: 15

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have restarted and retried the process several times after cleaning the registry with the same results. 

Does the normal Creative Suite Cleaner work for this release?  I haven't run it to find out as I have CS5.5 installed, and would rather not screw that one up as well.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Regards,

Joel