• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old serial # not working to reinstall CS2 on new computer

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed all the disks for my old CS2 software on my new computer but when I open the individual programs, they give me an error reading "User name, organization, serial number is missing or invalid.  Application cannot continue and must now exit."  I spoke to an adobe representative who said that CS2 would not fuction with my new Windows 7 OS.  Is there any way to get the older version to work with the Windows 7 or is it incompatible?  I have the old serial number, coupon code (it was a student version), and customer ID #.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run in compatibility mode for WinXP? If not, please do. The issue is simply that the data is actually there, it's just in the wrong place. Only inputting it in legacy mode will store it in the right location in the registry. and of course you will have to run as admin, turn off UAC and system protection as wel las any third-party security tools to avoid possible inetrference.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

delete the cache.db file located in

MAC OSX:-   /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache/

Windows:-  C:/ Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  I deleted the file you mentioned and still no luck. When I open any of the CS programs they open very briefly and then shut down.   If you have any other ideas, I'd love to try them and thanks again for your help- I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RE-install the software, no need to uninstall...

also check your system time clock it should be PST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines