10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2012 12:08 PM by chris.campbell RSS

Flash 11.2.202.228 Is Seriously Nerfed !!

Steve876

Coming to this forum after noticing problems with my laptop after updating to 11.2.202.228 and subsequently reading the woes of many others, the only conclusion I can come to is that there's a serious problem with Flash 11.2.202.228 which is affecting many people and needs to be sorted out quickly!!

In my case, I've noticed that if I run the program that came with my computer to view my webcam (Acer Crystal Eye Webcam) the view is now seriously overexposed. If I use the Google Talk plugin, things are fine. I've also noticed that Youtube videos are seriously overexposed too. If I play videos in windowed mode (accelerated decoding, software rendering), they're fine. Switch to full screen (accelerated decoding and rendering) and they're messed up! Disabling hardware acceleration solves the problem, but I don't expect to be running without acceleration on a modern machine with everything up to date.

Here's the spec of my Acer 5750:-

Core i5 2430M

HD 3000 graphics using the latest Intel driver (8.15.10.2653)

8GB DDR3-1333 ram

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

DX11

Firefox 11.0 and IE9

Everything possible up to date

I always use this video to benchmark my machine to check everything is working fine:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW8p8JO2hQw

There's lots of snow so the fact that it's overexposed with accelerated rendering is very apparent. I was using the beta version of 11.2 before the shipping version released, and things worked fine. I've tried installing 11.3 beta, but this doesn't solve the problem. I've also noticed that on another older laptop I look after (Core 2 Duo 2GHz, Geforce 9200M GS latest Nvidia drivers, Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32-bit, 4GB DDR2-800 ram), 11.2.202.228 works fine.