17 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2012 5:12 PM by 123spencer RSS

Exit code 6, ERROR: DF036 and Link to Adobe Support Fails

123spencer Community Member

Why does to link to customer support on the CS6 installation error fail?  It is pointing to www.stage.adobe.com but that link continues to fail?  I tried getting a chat engineer but he just refers me to these discussion forums.  How do you get help in getting this software installed?

• 1. Re: Link to Adobe Support Fails
          PhotoGene47 Community Member

Adobe does not yet support CS6 because it is in beta tryout, thus the free version.  It will have bugs and problems.  Some of the links are written in anticipation of the paid version when the flaws in the beta version are fixed.  Post your problem in this forum so that employees of Adobe can see what the problem is and offer a solution or work on the problem for you.  This is a major reason why Adobe offers a beta version to the public.  Be patient.

• 2. Re: Link to Adobe Support Fails
            Noel Carboni Community Member

123spencer wrote:

How do you get help in getting this software installed?

Putting up your error information and asking specific questions here is a good way.

What's going wrong?

-Noel

• 3. Re: Link to Adobe Support Fails

Noel, Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to reinstall CS6 beta.  It started acting up after about 2 weeks with an error message related to a C++ DLL.  So I uninstalled it and am in the process of re installing, but it gets hung up quite early in the process.  There are some messages about loading various visual basic/C++ modules loading, then something to do with CS6 Support and then the install fails.  It generates the following error screen:

Error msg.jpg

The error messages contain the following and a lot more that is similar

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors and warnings below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DF036, DW063 ... WARNING: DF029 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 86 error(s), 1 warning(s)

----------- Payload: {539AEF15-3A2B-4A31-A587-7E90F7D9C700} Camera Profiles Installer 7.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF036: File already present at "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Adobe Standard\Canon EOS 1000D Adobe Standard.dcp"(Seq 1)

ERROR: DW063: Command ARKMoveFileCommand failed.(Seq 1)

ERROR: DF024: Unable to restore file at "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Adobe Standard\Canon EOS 1000D Adobe Standard.dcp" from backup at "" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.(Seq 1)

ERROR: DW063: Error rolling back command ARKDeleteFileCommand(Seq 1)

-------------------------------------- end of Error  Summary --------------------------------------

The link to "customer support" refers to www.stage.adobe.com and fails when I click on it.

Attemps to uninstall at this point also fail and generate this error message:

Error msg2.jpg

The link to the "cleaner tool" gets back to a customer service page but no links or mention of any "cleaner tool".  The link to "customer support" also fails as in the other error message page.

I tried having a chat session with an Adobe engineer of some kind, but he couldn't help and referred me to this forum.

So I am stuck.  I can't uninstall and and can't install.  Fortunately, I can still use CS5 so it's not the end of the world.  But I would like to get back to a place where I can get CS6 cleanly installed or cleanly uninstalled.

123spencer

ps.  Looking at my program list I see that there were seval Microsoft C++ upgrades installed between the time I first installed CS6 Beta and today.  All these problems seem to have some kind of relation to C++ modules.

ms

• 4. Re: Link to Adobe Support Fails

I suspect you caused the problems with the DLL by trying to integrate your old plug-ins into Photoshop CS6.

At this point, I'd run whatever uninstall may be listed (if any) in the Programs and Features menu.

Then I'd search your sysetm for remnants of folders that say "CS6" on them exist.  Remove any folders that have CS6 in the names.  A search on my system (on which Photoshop CS6 is working) turned up 83 different folders with CS6 in the name:

Edit:  I had originally listed the files here, but this forum software inserts blanks sometimes, so here's the file separately:

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/PhotoshopCS6Folders.txt

-Noel

• 5. Re: Link to Adobe Support Fails

Noel,

I tried your suggestion with only partial success.  I had to cycle through the uninstall/restart/reinstall/restart a couple of time but I think I am this situation now

1. I can get a “clean” uninstall; at least it runs to completion and does not generate errors.  See screen capture below.
                  2. I can get a “installation Complete” report with “errors”.  Also, there are no CS6 folders, files or shortcuts that I could find, so I don’t think anything was actually installed, successful or not.  No files can be found, so nothing to run.
                  3. The error file that accompanies the installation with errors report has warnings, but no fatal errors.  I have included a part of this report following the screen captures.

Any thing else you can think of to try?  I was getting to like some of the new features, and going back to CS5 seems a bit dreary.

123Spencer

Uninstall Complete.jpg

Install Error .jpg

Part of the Error Summary File .....

Exit Code: 6
                  Please see specific errors and warnings below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DF036, DW063 ... WARNING: DF029 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 103 error(s), 1 warning(s)

----------- Payload: {354D20E6-A25F-4728-9DA6-C9003D8F2928} Adobe Player for Embedding 3.3 3.3.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF036: File already present at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\APE\3.3\adbeapecore.dll"(Seq 1)

ERROR: DF024: Unable to restore file at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\APE\3.3\adbeapecore.dll" from backup at "" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.(Seq 1)

-------------------------------------- End of Extract --------------------------------------

• 6. Re: Link to Adobe Support Fails

The error message implies a file adbeapecore.dll is already present that it didn't expect and it gives you the path.  Can you succeed the install if you delete that too?

-Noel

• 7. Re: Link to Adobe Support Fails

Noel

There are quite a few of them and they affect both the 64 bit and 32 bit installation folder trees.  So it will take a while to sort them all out; I suppose I can rename the offending files “DLX” or something.  I will have to do this later in the week, but I will give it a try.

Thanks,

123spencer

• 8. Re: Link to Adobe Support Fails

Outside of Adobe updating their Creative Suite Removal tool in the interim, that's probably your best bet.

-Noel

• 9. Re: Link to Adobe Support Fails
                          Pattie F Adobe Employee

Since you have installed and uninstalled several times, can you give us a quick summary that makes following your trail it a bit easier?

Include error messages for each and how you extracted files, etc.Also mention any manual removal that you may have done.

Is this a 32 bit windows installation?  I did not see for sure here what type of computer you are using , OS, etc either and whether you pointed to another folder for plugins or not. That also may help to know.  We can get the installation team to take a look once you provide a bit more information.

Thanks,

Pattie

• 10. Re: Link to Adobe Support Fails

Pattie

Thanks for the interest in this problem.  I am using a Dell XPS 9100 computer, with the Intel Core i7 CPU, 9 GB of memory and the Win 7 64 bit operating systeam

Here is a quick synopsis of what has happened so far:

1. The original install went smoothly about two weeks ago (March 24th).
                            2. Just recently I noticed that the PTLens plugin was not showing up in CS6.  So I dragged the PTLens64.8BF file over to the 64 bit CS6 plugin folder.  PT Lens still did not show, but I started to get error messages about a C++ module that wouldn't load as CS6 was starting up and the CS6 start up would fail
                            3. I removed the PTLens plugin file, but CS6 still wouldn't start, and I kept getting the strange messags about C++ modules not loading.
                            4. I tried to reinstall CS6 but that failed, I don't remember the exact cause.
                            5. I tried to uninstall CS6 but that also failed to run to completion. 
                            6. Based on a recommendation from this forum, I then proceeded to manually delete any folder or file with the "CS6" string in the name.  There were a bunch of files in both the 64 and 32 bit folder trees.  I also had to manually remove all the shortcuts relating to CS6 from the Start button.
                            7. After restarting and so forth the CS6 program was still listed in the Control Panel Program List.   I was able to get an "Uninstall Complete" as shown below.
                            8. The next CS6 install yielded a partial success ... the message says "installation complete" but there are errors.  The text of the error file is include at the bottom of this message; no fatal errors, just errors/warnings.  After this installation, there were no CS6 files in either the 64 or 32 bit folder trees for "Program Files/Adobe/" or "Program Files (x86)/Adobe".  No CS6 options show in the Start list.  CS6 does show up in the Control Panel "Program and Features" list so I could possibly uninstall it again.
                            9. Based on Noel's recommendation my next step will be to rename all the offending files in the error listing to see if the next reinstall will run correctly.  All of these files are in "common" folder areas so are probably shared with CS5.  Probably I will uninstall first, then try the reinstall.  This will take a little time and so I may not be able to do this right away.  Any suggestions you have will be very helpful.
                            10. Uninstall Complete.jpg

Install Error .jpg

--------------------  Error Message File ------------------------------------------

Exit Code: 6

- 0 fatal error(s), 83 error(s), 1 warning(s)

----------- Payload: {354D20E6-A25F-4728-9DA6-C9003D8F2928} Adobe Player for Embedding 3.3 3.3.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF036: File already present at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\APE\3.3\adbeapecore.dll"(Seq 1)

ERROR: DF024: Unable to restore file at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\APE\3.3\adbeapecore.dll" from backup at "" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.(Seq 1)

----------- Payload: {6F07BE6D-0325-4007-8A23-93098D710021} Suite Shared Configuration CS6 3.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF036: File already present at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ssc\CreativeCloud-CS6-Mac-PR\SLConfig.xml"(Seq 1)

ERROR: DF024: Unable to restore file at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ssc\CreativeCloud-CS6-Mac-PR\SLConfig.xml" from backup at "" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.(Seq 1)

----------- Payload: {CFA46C39-C539-4BE9-9364-495003C714AD} Adobe SwitchBoard 2.0 2.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF036: File already present at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SwitchBoard\Legal\Redswoosh Click Thru.doc"(Seq 2)

ERROR: DW063: Command ARKMoveFileCommand failed.(Seq 2)

ERROR: DF024: Unable to restore file at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SwitchBoard\Legal\Redswoosh Click Thru.doc" from backup at "" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.(Seq 2)

ERROR: DW063: Error rolling back command ARKDeleteFileCommand(Seq 2)

ERROR: DF059: ARKServiceControl::StartService failed to start service SwitchBoard. Error: 1053(Seq 1)

WARNING: DF029: ARKServiceControl::StartService: Service not started/stopped SwitchBoard. Current State: 1 Exit Code: 0 Service Specific Exit Code: 0(Seq 1)

----------- Payload: {9254D539-549A-41DD-A7DA-251766F2B76F} Adobe Player for Embedding x64 3.3 3.3.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF036: File already present at "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\APE\3.3\adbeapecore.dll"(Seq 2)

ERROR: DW063: Command ARKMoveFileCommand failed.(Seq 2)

ERROR: DF024: Unable to restore file at "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\APE\3.3\adbeapecore.dll" from backup at "" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.(Seq 2)

ERROR: DW063: Error rolling back command ARKDeleteFileCommand(Seq 2)

----------- Payload: {093DEFC4-542D-4D0A-8162-0592055515F4} Adobe XMP Panels 4.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF036: File already present at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\XMP\Custom File Info Panels\4.0\AMT\application.xml"(Seq 1)

ERROR: DF024: Unable to restore file at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\XMP\Custom File Info Panels\4.0\AMT\application.xml" from backup at "" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.(Seq 1)

----------- Payload: {CFC3110A-491C-4DBF-A97D-66C567600A2F} Photoshop Camera Raw 7 7.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF036: File already present at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Camera Raw 7\AMT\component.xml"(Seq 1)

ERROR: DF024: Unable to restore file at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Camera Raw 7\AMT\component.xml" from backup at "" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.(Seq 1)

----------- Payload: {557F9FD3-EED8-43D7-AF29-0F19CA832728} AdobePDFL CS6 10.9.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF036: File already present at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\PDFL\10.9\CMaps\90ms-RKSJ-UCS2"(Seq 1)

ERR

-------------------- End of Error Message File ------------------------------------------

• 11. Re: Link to Adobe Support Fails

OK.  I found some time to rename the files that were listed in the error report and to rerun the installation.  It continues to fail (looks like is is loading "CS6 Support" when this happens) and then stops the installation.  The error messages are similar but simply object to the other files that were in the various folders e.g. It first objected to "adbeapecore.dll" as shown above, but when that was removed it objected to "adbeapeengine.dll" which is just the next file in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\APE\3.3\" directory.

123spencer

• 12. Re: Link to Adobe Support Fails

I don't know whether that folder is one that's entirely Photoshop CS6-specific, but my inclination would be to rename the folder to something else so it's just not there and see if the installer can continue.

Honestly, at this point you kind of have a bit of a mess of things, so be very methodical and careful to make sure you don't make it any worse, and can recover if you need to go back (e.g., to make your older Adobe software work again).

-Noel

• 13. Re: Link to Adobe Support Fails

Noel

I tried renaming the folders, but no luck. The results varied a little, in some cases the install rebuilt the folder and put back the very same files that the original contained.  In other cases the install created a new folder with the same name as the old one, but left it empty.  finally, some of the folders were not recreated.  I think something else in going on; the install should be able to overrwrite whatever it needs to in these folders.

Anyway,  I am now back to the "can't uninstall and can't reinstall" situation where i was yesterday. I can still run CS5 so this is not the end of the world.

The install error messages are similar to the previous one except that it refers to different folders with the "common files/adobe" file tree.

The uninstall message is pretty short:

Exit Code: 16

Please see specific errors and warnings below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DW039 ...

- 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

ERROR: DW039: Failed to load deployment File

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

123spencer

• 14. Re: Link to Adobe Support Fails

It's a shame you've ended up in a Catch-22 type of situation.  You may have to wait for the "CS6 Complete Removal Tool".  Adobe should probably have had that done by the time of the beta.

123spencer wrote:

It started acting up after about 2 weeks with an error message related to a C++ DLL.  So I uninstalled it

It occurred to me that what originally may have caused the problem might have been that you either copied plug-ins from the older version of Photoshop, or set the Extra Plug-ins Folder to point to the older version's plug-ins.

-Noel

• 15. Re: Link to Adobe Support Fails
                                      Ashutosh.Nigam Adobe Employee

Hi,

Please provide us with the installer logs.
                                      You can find them at:

For Mac
                                      Library\Logs\Adobe\Installer
                                      For Win
                                      Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Instaler

This would help us in resolving the issue. You can send them to asnigam@adobe.com

Regards,
                                      Ashutosh

• 16. Re: Exit code 6, ERROR: DF036 and Link to Adobe Support Fails
                                        Pattie F Adobe Employee

123Spencer-

Thanks so much for the summary and the additional information. I have forwarded all this to our installation specialist to evaluate.

He will sift through it and see if he can figure out what the deal is with your particular  situation.  Sorry you are having such difficulty. I assure you that this is the exception rather than the rule.  Please provide him with the requested files.

Pattie

• 17. Re: Link to Adobe Support Fails

Ashutosh

Sorry, no install folder in "Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Instaler".  I did find a similarly named folder in "Program Files (86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers".  There were 38mb of files and folders there and many of them went back to a year or so so I don't think you wanted all of them.  The most current one and the only one dated in this year (4/9/2012) will be sent to the address you provided.

Pattie

Thanks for taking an interest in this.

123spencer