• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant Internet Explorer Security pop-up for Flash-Player is driving me mad!

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2012 Apr 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what page I open or I'm on in IE, any and every time I open or click on anything, the message "A website wants to open web content using this program on your computer" appears and the program is Adobe Flash Player.  If I select "allow" it just keeps popping up & will only go away if I select "don't allow."  Sometimes it seems caught in a loop and pops up continuously.  Oddly, this only happens in IE, but not if I use Firefox.  Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know how I can make it stop?  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 08, 2012 Apr 08, 2012

I have done a bit googling, and I have found some cases where IE Security setting (Tools | Internet Options | Security) Enable protected mode off removed these pop-ups. Can you try that?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Windows version and IE version?

Does that still happen when you check "Do not show me the warning for this program again"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat...I have Windows 7-64 bit & IE V9.  I've checked the box, but it still appears & appears & appears.... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done a bit googling, and I have found some cases where IE Security setting (Tools | Internet Options | Security) Enable protected mode off removed these pop-ups. Can you try that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, I forgot to thank you for replying to my post...and really fast!!!   Okay, so I did turn the enable protected mode off and it does seem to have stopped the problem, but I got a warning that doing so puts my computer at risk.  I confess I'm not a "techy" so I always worry when the computer warns me about stuff unless I know it's okay.  Do you know what type of risk I'd be at by leaving it turned off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

The best way to stay safe is really responsible browsing, rather than having all possible safety measures on.  Not visiting dubious websites, not clicking on links in emails from unknown sources, etc.

Also, if you have a good antivirus/antimalware system installed, not much can happen actually.  I think you are not in any danger with that setting disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That makes me feel better.     I do have plenty of antivirus, firewall, etc protection and they seem to do a great job keeping me safe.  I'm usually pretty careful about where I visit also.  Thanks again for the assist!  I marked your answer as correct on the fix and helpful on the info...not sure how the credit works, but wanted to make sure you got it.  Have a great week!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines