• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edited Recordings Not Displaying Properly

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having trouble with edited recordings not displaying properly? I have two recordings from April 3 meetings that are not displaying properly once they are edited. The original meetings are displaying and playing correctly. Once I edit and save, the recording will not display my shared content, video, or chat. The audio still seems to come through properly.

I've had the opposite problem in the past - video displays properly with no audio, but never the video problems and never just the edited recordings.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had OTHER folks check? Just incase the issue is local to your machine / cached data or something?  Just curious - I've not seen this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, John.  Unfortunately, yes, I have tried viewing the recordings on multiple computers with the same results.  I've even tried editing the recordings on multiple computers. The problem only appears to be happening for the recordings that I created on April 3. Edited recordings from the day before and the day after display and run properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a similar problem. Unedited recordings (of my classes) are fine, once I edit them, the pods are blank (white). I only have two pods: video and shared applications (usually my powerpoint presentation and web browser). The problem only recently started (last Monday), but I found a couple of other past class recordings that I had edited where the content from the pods disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to hear that it isn't just me.  Unfortunately, I haven't found a solution to this yet.  If/when I do I'll be sure to post it here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am seeing the same thing. Anything unedited is fine , but anything edited is acting strange.

I found that if the viewer scrubs thru to the end , pauses , then rewinds to the beginning it will play.

Not something I want to have our internal and external customers go thru.

C'mon Adobe , get it together !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone –

You all have open tickets with your provider / or adobe direct?

If you have adobe ticket numbers, please feel free to share them with me so that I can have our adobe technical contacts look into them.

Thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Case number 183119186 where a similar disfunction with edited recordings was posted 4/6/12. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to get in contact with Connect support today and get an answer.  I was told that this issue only happens when you try to edit from the beginning of the recording (at second 0:00).

The workaround that I was given was to leave 5 to 15 seconds at the beginning of the recording and edit from there. It seems to work sufficiently for now. I would prefer not to have the 15 seconds of dead time, but it is better than having the content at the beginning that I don't want included in the recording.

I was told this is a "known bug" that the engineers are working on.

I am supposed to get notification when the bug is fixed and will post here if/when I receive the notification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report. I have a screen-share recording where this workaround does not work: http://emory.adobeconnect.com/p72774enajs. The program has not been edited. Audio and Camera are present, however the screen-share/PowerPoint does not appear in the recording. (Screen share was present/operating properly for live meeting).

Any ideas ?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to cut over 20 seconds off the front end of one of my recordings to get everything to synch up. When I tried to cut less the camera and chat came up but not the screen share.  The only suggestion I would have is to cut a few more seconds off the unedited recording and see if that does the trick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines