4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2012 9:02 AM by MikelProductions RSS

Resize in browser problem

Hi,recently i have made a project in Flash Catalyst,but i have a problem with the resize in the browser.When i open the project from a pc which resolution is lower than 1920x1080 the elements don't resize right.My background resizes but the other elements (such us buttons) do not! How can i fix this?Is there any way?

I use Windows 7 x64 and Flash Catalyst CS5.5.

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Resize in browser problem
          Chris W. Griffith ACP

You need to set the constraints on all your components in the project. This tells the project how each element should respond to be being resized.

Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 7.58.17 AM.png

This is button that is positioned toward the upper left of a project. Note the circle elements, these are the constraint handles. When you click on them, this will apply a display constraint to the component.

Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 7.58.33 AM.png

So now, this button will remain locked or constrained to the upper left of the window. If you need to change how the constraint is applied, right click on the blue anchor, and contextual menu will appear. This menu will allow you to change it from Fixed (default), Center, or None.

Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 8.00.07 AM.png

Before retorfitting an entire project. Start a new project, play with a few components to get the feel, then apply what you have learned to the real project.

• 2. Re: Resize in browser problem
            MikelProductions Community Member

If i want all the elements to resize in the browser and stay in their exactly positions i have to make all the four constraints fixed ,right? But when i do this the elements do not strech correctly,they overlap the one to the other or the do not even resize! If i do, only the up and the right constraints fixed ,the elemnt will stay in the up right place and won't resize in their exact position.The problem that i have is that the project won't resize properly in different screen resolutions! For examble the project is made in 1360x768 resolution,and in resoution 1024x768 the project don't resize properly,but only in higher resolutions f.e 1920x1080. I want the project to resize and fit the browser screen.

• 3. Re: Resize in browser problem
              Chris W. Griffith ACP

This might help you understand the issues you are facing:

http://chrisgriffith.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/understanding-resizing-and-scaling-in-flash- catalyst/

What you want in scaling of your content and not resizing. To Flash Catalyst, there is a difference.

• 4. Re: Resize in browser problem
                MikelProductions Community Member

So how can achive a correct scaling of my project in browser ?Is that possible via Flash Catalyst or i have to right some kind of code?Is there any tutorial to explain the whole procces if it is possible? Excuse me for my questions, but i am new in flash catalyst, and generaly in web development ! thanks For your time!

EDIT : And why when i make all the constraints of my background fixed,my background scales correctly and the problem is only with the other elementss,such as butons text etc?

Message was edited by: mikelthe drummeroftv