• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Files - What kind can I link to?

Participant ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Marketing Dept. just asked me to publish our TV commercials from a Robohelp project. Can I do this? If so, what kinds of video files can I link to? Can I upload them as baggage files?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You didn't mention your RH version?! I'll assume you have RoboHelp 9

This is relatively easy. Use the Insert > Multimedia command and locate the video file.

Most popular video files are supported, but the most popular are .FLV (Flash Video), .MP4, .MOV (Quicktime).

There will be a very simple "Playbar" which will overlap the bottom of the video for the user to control.

No matter which video format you use, the end-user's browser will need to support a default "player" to play the video type (Flash Player and Windows Media are most common).

The video will be automatically imported into"Multimedia" folder in your Project Manager (instead of Baggage). When you publish your project to the web server, the video file will go along for the ride.

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp