• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"An unexpected error occur processing your request." when launching Muse.

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled AIR and Muse 7 on Windows and try to log in on Adobe ID. ID works, I am logged in here.

Issue since Friday. Several questions in this forum but no answers.

error.JPG

Message was edited by: Corey@Adobe Edited title to accurately describe the issue/error

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

There are multiple different causes of login failures. In order of frequency:

1) opm.db file becomes corrupted and must be deleted. We're working to isolate the cause of this.

The opm.db file can be found in the OOBE folder in:

on Mac: <yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Adobe

on Windows XP: <youruser>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe

on Windows 7: <youruser>\AppData\Local\Adobe

Deleting this file will often address the error.

2) Inability to get to the internet. This is most commonly due t

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running a firewall? Muse needs to be able to make an http connection to Adobe's servers. Firewalls usually allow this, but it's possible your firewall is set up to block certain http connections. Please try turning off any firewall running on the machine and see if that resolves the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corey,

That still didn't work :/. I've tried to allow Muse through and then turned off the firewall but it's a no go. Is there anything else I can do?

-Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amy,

Are you running on a corporate network, or a home network? The following are the exact addresses you need to be able to reach through your firewall:

https://ims-na1.adobelogin.com  : 192.150.3.146

https://adobeid-na1.services.adobe.com  : 192.150.3.150

https://na1r.services.adobe.com  : 192.150.3.51

If you're running on a corporate network it is likely that there are network rules causing this block.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this version changed so a firewall would now block it? Worked on all prior versions.

It's on a corporate network, so probably is a block. But not in Betas 1-6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, starting with Beta 7 we require authentication to verify use eligibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I can't work on a file at home on my personal ID, and then at work with same ID? I can use Muse at home (might not be 7, was afraid to upgrade)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reset of Adobe ID permissions that can be done? Firewall does not seem to be issue here. This only started Friday after upgrading to 7. Initially in upgrade i locked myself out on entering a password. Am i locked out on this IP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corey,

I am on a home network. Would my firewall still block those addresses?

-Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This type of messages occurs due to occurrence of internal problems that are associated with affected internal files. If these errors are caused by the viruses then Windows Repair Tool such as Reimage Repair Tool can be very useful. This tool efficiently scans the system deeply through it. Reimage takes very small time to find and fix the files system and its components which causes windows errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corey,

None of that is working. What else will fix the problem????? Please help!!

-Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your firewall or some other utility may be blocking Muse from connecting. Please make sure you are not running any other utilities (e.g., norton, etc) that could be preventing Muse from connecting to Adobe servers.

If you are certain no other utilities are running, please try searching for and deleting your MBLStore/* and OOBE/opm.db files on your machine. Doing this may resolve the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our IT people insist that there is nothing blocking my requests to the links you provided in an earlier response.  We turned off anything that could have blocked access, and I still can't get Muse to start or even ping those IP addresses.  In addition, I don't have the files on my machine that you said I should remove.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corey,

I do not seem to have either of those files and I have turned my firewall off, still with no luck. However I do have a text document in my Documents labeled Muse Log. Does that have anything to do with the problem? In an earlier thread someone asked about it and I never found out the answer.

-Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t have a Muse.log (that I can find with Windows search), and I still get the unexpected error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are seeing the first screen 'Unknown Error', could you please check to see if the file /User/<user>/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/opm.db (Mac) or  \Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\opm.db (Win) exists. If it does not, could you please email me the log file /Users/<user>/Logs/PDApp.log (Mac) or %temp%/PDApp.log (Win) to boag@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not getting an “Unknown Error,” but I am getting “An unexpected Error...”

I have the opm.db file on my Windows 7 machine. Interestingly, it isn’t found by Windows search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Alan. Would you be able to send me the log from %temp%/PDApp.log to boag@adobe.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you my %temp%/PDApp.log

-Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a mac on wifi and I get the unexpected error. When I plug in my ethernet cable, it signs in ok. I cant really use my ethernet cable due setup. It would be strange to always have to plug in a cable to use muse instead of wifi all day. Any new resolution on this issue?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Mac's Airport for wifi or some other mechanism (i.e. a broadband wifi card)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im using the built in wifi airport on macbook pro unibody. no aircard or external device. just wifi into my router connected to my modem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zak, is there any solution? Sounds like many people are receiving that message. I know its new and some bugs may appear but it use to work, but not perfectly and it would take a few tries to finally get through. Right now, it will not let me through and simply stop trying every hour. This is a paid service. Thanks!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been assuming you're the same Michael that James has been having a lengthy e-mail dialog with and we're now waiting on a server-side adjustment to your account. If that isn't you, please let me know and I'll see this thread gets attention. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. I do not have a firewall. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines