• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony NEX-5N RAW file not recognized

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased and loaded from disk Adobe Elements 10.  When I try to open a RAW file (.ARW) from my Sony NEX-5N I get a message that it can't be opened because it is the wrong type of file.  How do I get Elements 10 to recognize the Sony NEX-5N RAW files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

this is the link for supported RAW formats

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

1. check which version of ACR is installed with your PSE

To check follow this  :

Windows :  Open Elements Editor from the welcome screen, then goto Help >> About Plugin >> Camer raw

Mac : Open Elements Editor , then goto Photoshop Elements menu>> About Plugin >> Camera raw and check the version

Check the version there, if its less that 6.5, then you have to update because the ca

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2012 Apr 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the supported formats list for ACR and ask your question in the proper ACR or Elements forums.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is the link for supported RAW formats

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

1. check which version of ACR is installed with your PSE

To check follow this  :

Windows :  Open Elements Editor from the welcome screen, then goto Help >> About Plugin >> Camer raw

Mac : Open Elements Editor , then goto Photoshop Elements menu>> About Plugin >> Camera raw and check the version

Check the version there, if its less that 6.5, then you have to update because the camers that you are usning , it requires 6.5 ACR version to work with PSE 10

To update goto Elements editor and and then goto help and update and this will show up the available updates for you PSE 10 which will include  ACR as well, once the update is done and installed , then relaunch the PSE 10 editor and then check the version once again  to be sure .

If it has updated to 6.5 or later then check your RAW files, they should work now..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines