7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2012 9:43 PM by Barbara B. RSS

Dimp88

Dimp88

Pics in organizer window not automatically opening in editor window when "Full Edit" is selected

• 1. Re: Dimp88
          photodrawken Community Member

OS version?

PSE version?

What are the exact steps you're performing, what do you see happening, and are there any error messages?

Ken

• 2. Re: Dimp88
            Dimp88 Community Member

Using Mac OS Lion & PSE 10.  I get no error meessages and nothing happens when I select "Full Edit" in the organizer window, even though the picture is suppose to automatically open in an editor window.   I've restarted computer several times with same result.  Any suggestions?

Dimp88

• 3. Re: Dimp88
              photodrawken Community Member

Thanks for the additional info.  I'm the Windows Guy, so someone else will have to give it a shot....

Ken

• 4. Re: Dimp88
                Barbara B. ACP/MVPs

Go to your username>library>preferences and delete:

com.adobe.PhotoshopElements.plist

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Paths

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Setttings

com.adobe.ElementsOrganizer10.plist

com.adobe.ElementsOrganizer.10.0.plist

and any lockfiles with the same names. That user library is hidden in lion. To make it visible, in the Finder click the Go menu and hold down the Option key. It will appear below the little house for your user account. While you're in there, I'd also go to the saved application state folder and delete anything relating to PSE or organizer.

• 5. Re: Dimp88
                  Dimp88 Community Member

Barbara B,

Thanks. But unfortunately for me, your solution didn't correct the problem I'm having with photos seen in my Elements 10 Organizer automatically opening up and appearing in an Elements 10 Editor window when "Full Edit" is select in the Organizer's Fix drop down menu.  This feature use to work fine during the two short weeks I've had Photoshop Elements installed on my new Mac mini, but has mysteriously stop functioning.  However, I can drag photos from Organzer into an Editor window or use the Open File way to get photos to open in an Editor window.  Any other suggestions?  Do you or anyone else know of compatibility problems with running Photoshop Elements 10 with Mac's OS Lion as I am trying to do?

Dimp88 

• 6. Re: Dimp88
                    Barbara B. ACP/MVPs

No, sorry,  I've never heard of anyone not fixing this problem by deleting the preferences.

I would go to File>Catalog and repair and optimize your catalog.

• 7. Re: Dimp88
                      Barbara B. ACP/MVPs

Also, try repairing permissions.