• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Symbol font not displayed correctly in WebHelp output

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have TCS 2. I have a character format that uses the Symbol font. It displays correctly in FM and in the RH Design Editor. But in the WebHelp output, the Symbol font displays as Arial. What did I do wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What browser are you using? Most probably, your browser does not support the symbol font out of the box and therefore defaults back to Arial. My guess is that it will work on IE, but not on other browsers. This is because Symbol isn't a default web font.

To overcome this, you must use the @font-face rule in your css and provide the font file as a baggage file in your project. For more info on @font-face, see: http://www.font-face.com/.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using FireFox. I work in a high-tech industry, and it's my impression from my coworkers that most of our customers use something other than IE.  We were using Mif2Go for our online help in our previous release, and I am surprised that RoboHelp can't handle this the way that Mif2Go can.

Looks like I have to try the approach you are suggesting or stick with Mif2Go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp