2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2012 8:02 AM by adam+k RSS

null object reference in AudioPublisher after stop()

adam+k Community Member

if i'm publishing audio with AudioPublisher and then call stop(), i get a null object reference, i've pasted the stack trace below.  the offending line of code is in AudioPublisher:976:

if ( _mic.codec.toLowerCase() == SoundCodec.NELLYMOSER.toLowerCase() )

_mic.codec is null.  i guess the codec gets set to null somehow after the publishing is stopped?

i really don't want to monkey patch AudioPublisher.  is there something i'm doing wrong? or some kind of workaround to avoid this?

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at com.adobe.rtc.collaboration::AudioPublisher/onStreamDelete()[/src/com.adobe.lccs_v220/lib s/player10.3/src/com/adobe/rtc/collaboration/AudioPublisher.as:976]

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers::StreamManager/onItemRetract()[/src/com.adobe.lccs_v220/libs /player10.3/src/com/adobe/rtc/sharedManagers/StreamManager.as:2105]

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at com.adobe.rtc.sharedModel::CollectionNode/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::receiveItemRetraction()[/src/com.adobe.lccs_v220/libs/player10.3/src/com/adobe/rtc/sharedModel/CollectionNode.a s:790]

at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::receiveItemRetraction()[/src/com.adobe.lccs_v220/libs/player10.3/src/com/adobe/rtc/messaging/manager/MessageMan ager.as:755]

at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerBase/receiveItemRetraction()[/src/com.adobe .lccs_v220/libs/player10.3/src/com/adobe/rtc/session/managers/SessionManagerBase.as:401]