• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to stop video/animation when the back/continue button is pressed

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! we are currently playing some of our videos via SWF. the swfs are placed on the slides and automatically play. Next and back buttons were added for navigation. One thing though is that when the next and back buttons are pressed to go to the next slide(even when the video in the swf is not yet finished) the swf still plays in the background. how do set the triggers for this? thanks!

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2012 Jan 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by the way, we used flvplayback component in flash as3. so flash publishes both the flvplayback skin swf and the main swf of the FLA file. Then on Captivate's side, after zipping, we included the swf files there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you ever get an answer to this question?  I am having the same problem and cannot figure out a workaround.  When I preview the project, the animation stops when I click Next, but when published, the swf continues to run in the background as you are describing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, in the swf animation I placed some lines of code to make the slide pause but in my case since I'm playing a video on my swf pausing the slide doesn't pause the video.

myRoot = MovieClip(root);

mainmov = MovieClip(myRoot.parent.root);

mainmov.rdcmndPause = 1;

The code above will pause the slide. You can try if it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources