• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An unknown authentication error has occurred using your Adobe ID (AUTH_UNKNOWN_ERROR)

Participant ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am getting an auth_error when trying to upload my website to business catalyst Again.  it occured last week and then mysteriously work a day later.

I think some internal error was corrected at muse login  or the site was down.  is it down again.  if you are shutting it down for maintenance, you need to let people know.

itauth_error.jpg

muse-shutdown.jpg

thanks in advance for your help

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Lynn,

I understand what you are doing when you are receiving the error.

When you first activate Muse you enter an AdobeID. This same AdobeID account is used when connecting with Business Catalyst when publishing from Muse. If there is a problem/mismatch/synchronization issue with your AdobeID and Business Catalyst Account, you may receive this authentication error. Deactivating and reactivating has resolved this issue for other users: forums.adobe.com/thread/985495?tstart=0

Please follow the steps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. An unknown authentication error..........

has this been addressed?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try Deactivating and Reactivating Muse to see if this resolves the issue:

In Muse:

1. Go to Help
  2. Select 'Deactivate muse'
  3. Select 'Deactivate and Quit'.
  4. Start Muse again and re-enter your user name and password.

Best regards,

Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you deactivate if you can't connect??

lynn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynn,

You are receiving this authentication error when trying to Publish your site in Muse... so you are currently running in Muse, correct?

In Muse:

1. Go to Help.
  2. Select 'Deactivate muse'.
    Screen shot 2012-04-09 at 1.59.26 PM.png

Once you have deactivated and reactivated Muse, try publishing your site again.

Best regards,

Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but only the software application is open.   publishing or managing is the activity

that tries to connect to the  web/ server application that is causing the error.  it is not an error on launching muse application.  

also get the error when trying to "manage" muse.  

Lynn 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynn,

I understand what you are doing when you are receiving the error.

When you first activate Muse you enter an AdobeID. This same AdobeID account is used when connecting with Business Catalyst when publishing from Muse. If there is a problem/mismatch/synchronization issue with your AdobeID and Business Catalyst Account, you may receive this authentication error. Deactivating and reactivating has resolved this issue for other users: forums.adobe.com/thread/985495?tstart=0

Please follow the steps I outlined for deactivating and reactivating Muse.

1. Go to Help.
  2. Select 'Deactivate muse'.
    Screen shot 2012-04-09 at 1.59.26 PM.png

Once you have deactivated and reactivated Muse, try publishing your site again.

Best regards,

Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thank you.

lynn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this resolve the problem for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Thank you very much. If this is part of the update process, it should be included in the instructions.

Thanks again

lynn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not part of the normal Muse beta 7 update process - it's an error that a small number of users are encountering. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for following up and helping to improve the Muse beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to say I hve had the same problem which your advice, Corey, sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Corey, I am having similar issues as well!!

I cannot preview or publish, and continue to receive pop-ups. PLEASE, help --- I want to update my website!

best,

dd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Corey I am having this problem and although I have tried your suggestion it still dose not work. I recently updated my AdobeID email address and it seems not to have been sync with BC. I can still see on the Partner Portal my old address but cannot change it. I have spent the last week (every day sending email back and forth, phoning with Adobe) and got this suggestion pasted to me last night. I thought Yes we have done it but it still doesn't work. Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated. I am now getting desperate for a solution.

All the best

Gary Proffitt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this SAME issue.  I've followed the directions above...now it will not let me sign in.  It won't access the server.

Can't build my new site fast enough; I still need this one to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem here. Updated Muse to 2014.2.1, went to publish changes to business catalyst, and it come up with the error:80. I'm on a Mac, so I don't have 'Deactivate Muse' option, simply sign out of creative cloud, which I did, then shut down Muse. Reopened, signed back in, and same problem. Wasn't a problem until I updated to the newest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I updated my email and now it comes up with an error every time i try to publish the site. I have tried deactivating and restarting it also. any help would be greatly appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had the same problem, but I fixed it in Adobe CC 2014

Step 1 - Help>Sign Out of user@email.com>Sign Out

Step 2 - File>Save

Step 3 - Force Quit Muse

Step 4 - Open Muse

Step 5 - Help>Sign In

Step 6 - Publish>Options>Publish To: Select the Business Catalyst Name (EVEN IF ALREADY SELECTED)

>Upload: Only Modified Files (EVEN IF ALREADY SELECTED)

Step 7 - Click OK and your done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your instructions! they saved me from panic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem tonight. Though I dislike that it's a known issue still going on, thanks for posting frederick, so that I was able to find a thread with a clear solution. that fortunately worked. thanks, LJDezignz  Nov 14, 2014 9:37 PM !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem! If you could click mark as correct beside my correct answer to make it easier for others when they visit, that'd be awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, Corey. That issue was making me crazy. I appreciate you taking the time to answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines