• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

standalone flash player and xvfb

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue where we have a testing environment set up using xvfb-run/hudson and the standalone flash player.  I am unfamiliar with how this stuff typically works and in our environment it's been broken for about 3 weeks.  My question is, does the standalone flash player have any dependencies on a web browser, or does it just need a "gui" environment (hence xvfb) to work properly?  Everything I've found seems to imply that it should just run by itself - but I don't know for sure.

The environment is linux and I tried 11.0/11.1/11.2 of the standalone flash player.  The symptom I'm seeing is hudson just seems to hang forever on the "Using xvfb-run to launch headless test"

[INFO] Running tests /var/lib/hudson/jobs/AdminClient/workspace/trunk/target/test-classes/TestRunner.swf

[WARNING] [LAUNCHER] Using xvfb-run to launch headless tests

The running processes are:

[dmurphy@flashbuild home]$ ps -ef | egrep -i "flashplayer|xvfb"

hudson   26439 26371  0 16:50 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh /usr/local/bin/xvfb-run -a -e /tmp/xvfbrun5190903156503668885flashplayer flashplayer /var/lib/hudson/jobs/AdminClient/workspace/trunk/target/test-classes/TestRunner.swf

hudson   26453 26439  0 16:50 ?        00:00:00 Xvfb :99 -screen 0 640x480x8 -nolisten tcp

hudson   26459 26439  0 16:50 ?        00:00:01 flashplayer /var/lib/hudson/jobs/AdminClient/workspace/trunk/target/test-classes/TestRunner.swf

so xvfb is definately running but I'm not sure where the breakdown is happening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a little further - by using strace I am able to see that flashplayer seems to be sitting at the following...

wait4(-1, flashplayer: Symbol `SSL_ImplementedCiphers' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking

I'm not sure what would've caused this.  As far as I know nothing on the system side had changed.  Does the standalone flash player have anything to do with the flash-plugin version that's installed?  I've tried using both 11.1 and 11.2 of the standalone player and I have version 11.2 installed.

For what it's worth I think this same error was likely happening back with 11.0 standalone as well...

[dmurphy@n0e102 tmp]$ yum list installed | grep flash

flash-plugin.i386                        11.2.202.228-release          installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also - for what it's worth I've tried this on two different systems with the same results.

Boxes are 64 bit cent os 5.5.

I am seriously stuck.

[dmurphy@flashnode tmp]$ ./flashplayerdebugger

./flashplayerdebugger: Symbol `SSL_ImplementedCiphers' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the standalone player has no dependencies on the plugin.  i'm unfamiliar with xvfb, so i can't speak to its usage.  what happens when you double click the standalone player or launch from command line?  it should launch the application window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xvfb I think is out of the equation now.  I've been able to test Xvfb working with xmessage and dump the window output to a file.

The complexity here is this is a linux box with no X environment (hence the xvfb).

If I ssh -X into the box as myself and copy my magic cookie to the user that normally runs the flashplayer I can launch the flashplayer back to my console - but I still get the /usr/local/bin/flashplayer: Symbol `SSL_ImplementedCiphers' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking error in my console.

I don't know anything about flash development/flex development to know if this really matters or not.  The only thing I can be sure of is that error is the last thing that is displayed when I use strace to kick off the same wrapper script that our hudson build server uses

The problem could likely be with our tests - but I can't prove that.  Is there some simple test swf file that I could maybe download on the web to test that the debugger is working ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pulled a swf from http://www.britarch.ac.uk/caf/wikka.php?wakka=TestSWF which I was able to play in the debugger.  I used -fbdir to dump the screen to a file and when running my test swf I get an ugly display image viewable on my mac with xwud (xwd format image).  It's ugly - but it shows the flashplayer working.

Likewise when I do the same with the test.swf our developers are using I just get a empty flash player.  Not sure if that's implying that the tests are failing in some way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i may be reaching, but...  your swf is local, correct?  does it make network calls?  you may have to specify the location in the settings or native control panel to allow it to run.

in your xsession, navigate a browser to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

Edit Location>Add Location>Browse for Folder or File

Point it to the swfs or directory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines