• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After update to 11.2.202.228 mz USB 1.1 web cam stop working

Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a camera from MediaTech company, it is written on it MT400 and serial number 2604050599. Before latest update it works, after install newest version of Flash Player it stop working. I tested it on http://testmycam.com as one of Adobe employee advices on forum but I have only black rectangle. On top left corner of this rectangle it is written Camera: USB PC Camera (SN9C 102) , FPS 10. I disabled Hardware acceleration but problem remains. 

As I remember this camera is USB 1.1. Does new Flash Version support USB 1.1?

I have checked on Device Manager on my Windows XP Home Edition 2002 Version with SP3 device driver version it is written:

Manufacturer : Sonix

Driver date: 2004-04-02 (I can't find newer drivers on web )

Driver version: 4.6.6.1

Is it bug or Flash Player stops supporting such devices?

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same problem with a firewwire camera on MacOSX - was working fine before the update and whilst it is found on iChat/FlashMediaEncoder the camera is no longer an option in the camera settings drop down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the report.  I just tried this out on 10.7.2 with a logitech usb camera and the built in iSight but both cameras appeared in my Flash settings dropdown and worked properly at testwebcam.com with the latest Firefox.  I tried again on Win7x64 and XP using IE 9 and 8, but testwebcam.com worked again with the logitech webcam.

What do you see when you right click the black square where the video should be displayed.  Select "Settings", then click the webcam tab.  Is the setting "Allow" or "Deny"?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On OS X as @nodster states, it no longer lists the camera at in Camera devices [flash player settings]. The camera is detected in every other application on OS X including Flash media encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,

Sorry for the delay, I'll try this out on 10.6 tonight.  We are investigating the bug I referenced above (and we've reproduced it with the Lifecam 1000 webcam) but I want to make sure this is the same issue.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply and sorry if I was a little over eager in the comments, I am glad you managed to reproduce. One step closer to getting a fix

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon and others in this thread,

Could anyone running into this bug on the Mac with the 11.3 beta 3 release please take a minute and generate a system report for us?  We've been trying to find devices to get this to reproduce with our latest build but have so far been unable to locate one.  Please send your system report to me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the latest beta looks better - tried it with camtwist and that worked, will try my firewire tommorrow and let you know.

[EDIT]

No the firewire camera is still missing from the source list - however with camtwist working in chrome (but not safari, yet they're using the same beta version of flash...) - I now have a workaround as the firewire camera is in the list of sources for camtwist (and flashmedialiveencoder and skype and everything but flash...)

Safari would be loaded as part of the operating system whereas chrome would be loaded as an application. Could a driver loading after(or during) the loading of the flash plugin container be a possible cause, the list used to refresh as sources were added/removed from the OS but with this problem I am unable to get any 'new' device to show up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah my iSight is fine, the video is displayed after choosing allow which pops up / respects settings for testwebcam.com and other sites. However right click settings > webcam > camera options only includes the iSight and not the firewire camera which had previously appeared in the previous version of flash. This happens in chrome, firefox and safari. I should probably open a seperate thread, the trigger for the issue appeared to be similar, however the presentation may be significant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pressed Allow, before pressing Allow background was grey, after Allow

it gets black. I see the name of this camera on list. I also try another

camera from Logitech (I can't remember what name was it, but one of the

newest) and everything works which suggest it is strictly related with

this specific camera which I'm using.

Regards

W dniu 2012-03-31 08:39, Nodster pisze:

>

Re: After update to 11.2.202.228 mz USB 1.1 web cam stop working

created by Nodster <http://forums.adobe.com/people/Nodster> in /Using

Flash Player/ - View the full discussion

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/4304094#4304094

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your camera work with local software such as skype?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm I didn't test it with software not using flash (I 'm going to test

it on Monday). But I reinstall Flash Player to one of the previous

versions and everything works again. Then I installed newest Flash

Player because I think maybe something goes wrong on install but again

black box

W dniu 2012-03-31 09:23, Nodster pisze:

>

Re: After update to 11.2.202.228 mz USB 1.1 web cam stop working

created by Nodster <http://forums.adobe.com/people/Nodster> in /Using

Flash Player/ - View the full discussion

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/4304097#4304097

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If dropping back down a version of flash fixes the problem then ignore my last, just thought it was worth checking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite feeling confident that my camera broke in the latest release of flash (a) because that's what I had installed on my mac, and (b) I primarily use chrome which auto updates to the latest version of flash; I took the time to work my way back through the archives of flash to find a rollback version with which my camera works. Imagine my surprise to have to rollback to 10.3.183.18 rather than an 11.1... release. Continuing to investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm, same problem here. I tried an older version 10.3, and it's working again.

I use a Microsoft Lifecam VX-1000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please open a new bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  Please include your OS, browser, webcam model and driver, and last known working version of Flash Player if possible. 

Please post back with the URL so that others affected can add their comments and votes.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cheked 2 webcams with 2 versions of Flash player and I have the same problems on testmycam.com on both windows 7 32 bits and 64 bits :

-     Flash Player 11.2.202.228 is not working with my Microsoft Lifecam VX 1000

-     Flash Player 11.2.202.228 is working with my Microsoft Lifecam VX 3000

-     Flash Player 11.1.102.63   is working with my Microsoft Lifecam VX 1000

-     Flash Player 11.1.102.63  is working with my Microsoft Lifecam VX 3000 

It seems to be a problem with old webcams and the new version of Flash Player.

Has someone have a solution?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
after updating my webcam (Creative Live cam HD) works. WebcamMax stopped working. I received an error "Could not find a webcam"

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been trawling through the forums regarding the latest version 11.2.202.228 and its failure to support certain webcams. I have sent a bug report and simply have got nowhere. What I can work out he problem has been about for ~ two days (may be more but based upon posts). As far as I can work out Adobe have put no formal solution forward. One simple solution is to provide the previous version of AFP (and plugins) for IE and other browsers. Perhaps there may be a slight security risk (that can be in the small print in the download procedure). Also, my version seems to have been auto-updated to this standard, so I would serious question the auto-update as being recommended. Finally, my thoughts go out to all those people who have taken their kit to PC repairs or called in support to resolve this issue.

It appears that Adobe need to step-up!

Jess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the bug numbers.  If you have a minute, please visit the following bugs and vote/comment:

Webcam is not working with Flash Player 11.2.202.228

AFP does not support webcam broadcast

Webcam startup

I'll investigate further internally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I offer my application clients specificly to re-install 11.1 version, is there a link I can send them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first link, which was active earlier, is now no longer working.  Why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed this too.  I believe someone changed the bug status internally.  I'll see if I can fix this.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've duplicated the original bug and made the new one external.  The votes and comments from the original bug are still intact, they are just not viewable externally.  Please feel free to add additional comments and votes.  This bug is being actively worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update whatsover on this bug? I cannot believe such a huge regressive bug could manifest itself in video of all things for Flash. My client is going up the wall on this as all their DV cameras now no longer working? Is there a patch fix out there Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines