Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing WAV files into CP5.5

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Having a problem with importing a .wav file. Message appears that says...

"Unable to import the audio file".

"Ensure that the file is a WAV or MP3...also ensure the file is not damaged".

Anyone know how to work around this issue? The files are ones I bought from sound bible so they are undamaged.

Thanks for your help! S

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error message is usually due to the WAV files not being in the correct bit depth for Captivate, most often what you currently have is too hight.

Go back to your audio app and see if there are options to ouput WAV files at a lower bit depth.  Captivate uses 16 bit.  Your audio might currently be 24bit or 32bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod. I will try that.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Something else to consider is the audio encoding format used. Captivate only likes WAV files that are using PCM encoding. I have a WAV that is MP3 encoded and I can make Captivate gag every time with it. (I use it specifically to demonstrate this issue in classes)

If you are on Windows XP, you can usually fix it easily by opening the problem file in Windows Sound Recorder, clicking File > Save As and simply accepting the defaults for the encoding and things should be good once you save again.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources