What error message do you receive?
Where are you observing the inability to embed MOV? In the browser? In GoLive?
Thank you for your reply ...
I've tried both GoLive 6.01 and CSs -- I guess that I just do not
understand the procedure.
I would prefer using 6.01 (That's been my choice for making webpage for a
number of years (working with a Mac).
I have GoLive CS2 on a PC, so either will work; but I'd prefer using 6.01
Also, I'm 80 and "self-taught" which is a hindrance as well.
Marion, your response is a blessing; and, whatever help you can give me
will be truly appreciated.
Please bear with me using the forum -- this is my first experience.
God bless you
MOV is not an ideal video format as it requires QuickTime. QuickTime is not installed on every computer.
A simple way to embed a movie is to use YouTube. Upload your video to YouTube and let them convert it to a web-accessible format. On the video page, YouTube will present HTML embed code. Just copy and paste that into GoLive's source view.
Thank you for your response ...
How can I convert the files to another more appropriate format other than
Also, how do I "resize" the dimensions of the files? When I use the
Width/Height in the inspector (without adjustment) the image (with the
controller at the bottom) requires a very wide page. The movie is 1280 by
When I make adjustments (percentage) the image crops down and the
I get it onto the page okay ... it's just enormous in size.
I see my posts being replied to but I do not see them being read. So I have no idea how to proceed.
Thank you Marian --
Evidently I'm doing something incorrect. I've gone to the message page
link; and, I'm getting your e-mail replies (and reading them).
Is there another location that I should be seeing/using to see your posts?
*This is my first time participating in a forum ... where to go? What to
Resizing the image on the page seems to be the problem.
1. The video appears on the page.
2. The controller appears (attached to the bottom of the video).
3. However, the video is too large.
4. I don't know how to make it smaller (without cropping) ... show the
entire contents of the video.
- The image becomes "cropped".
Thank you for your assistance.
Hello again, Marian --
I've never "pasted" into a source-view.
- I drag the layout grid into GoLive.
- I drag the various layout text boxes onto the layout grid.
- I drag the various images onto the layout grid
- I seldom use floating boxes
- I've never used a table
- For audio I drag the Quicktime object onto the layout grid; and, link
to the file
You should not resize video in GoLive. There are two reasons for this.
- By scaling a video down, you are pushing excess data to the visitor (wasted bandwidth, longer download time).
- As you have witnessed scaled video may lose controllers or may look distorted.
You should re-encode your video prior to placing in GoLive. You can do this with YouTube or your video editing software.
Yes. All seems to be working fine except for the size problem.
I have iMovie, however, I've never used it. I will see what I can do with
Thank you, Marian -- I have the video files embedded in the web-page. I
used iMovie to make the adjustments; and, got the results that I needed.
I appreciate your comments.
God bless you