• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CS4 problem (and Premiere Pro CS4)

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past two days I've had trouble starting my Adobe software. (AE and PP)

I've suddenly gotten this:

I've had this software for a year or two with no issues whatsoever. I have not put in my serial for fear it's a virus.

Things I've done to try to fix this:

Restart the computer (many times)

Run AVG scanning over the entire computer (done multiple times)

Run CCleaner to check for any issues and cleaning (done multiple times)

Restored the computer back a few weeks ago when I knew the software was working. First few times I did this, it would just restart, and say it couldn't restore because a process was stopping it from running. Ended up restoring it in safe-mode sucessfully.

Check for any weird processes on my computer. Nothing strange.

Any ideas where to go from here?

Thanks in advance, - WilsonCW

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

You should receive the dialog if you are running in trial mode each time you launch the application.  Also looking at this thread it appears you used a registry cleaner and then a restore point but I don't see that you have tried reinstalling the software?  Have you tried removing and reinstalling the software?

Also as a tip before using any type of registry cleaner I would recommend always going into Regedit and backing up your registry.  This way if the registry cleaner does do damage you can r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wilson,

If you have a genuine serial key for Ae CS4, try to enter it again and hit next to serialize the product and check if that helps.

Regards

Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serial did not work when I put it in. It says 'invalid.'  When I pressed quit on the loading screen pictured on the original post, AE started up like usual. It didn't have any sign that it was a trial either. I'm really confused at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should receive the dialog if you are running in trial mode each time you launch the application.  Also looking at this thread it appears you used a registry cleaner and then a restore point but I don't see that you have tried reinstalling the software?  Have you tried removing and reinstalling the software?

Also as a tip before using any type of registry cleaner I would recommend always going into Regedit and backing up your registry.  This way if the registry cleaner does do damage you can restore the damage which was done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reinstalling the software did it! Thanks!

-WilsonCW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply input the serial again and see if it sticks. If it doesn't, then you need to check things like permission issues or firewalls and virus scanners blocking things. Also check the stuff explained here. if you get a warning that your serial is invalid, contact costumer support.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move the cache.db file on the desktop ,

from this location :- Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache

and then re-open yor application and put in the serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines