Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NAB Transact IDs

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi People at BC

We've just been sent our NAB Transact IDs for both Direct Post and API. When using our Merchant IDs in the 'username' field, we receive the following error:

ERROR: An error occurred while processing credit card
Invalid merchant ID 504.

The Merchant ID we have has two letters and five numbers, but the Knowledgebase suggests that a Merchant ID for NAB Transact should have three letters and four numbers (http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/833/cpsid_83342.html?bc-partner). 

I also noticed that on another forum post (http://www.businesscatalyst.com/ForumRetrieve.aspx?A=New&ForumID=1737&TopicID=20503&ParentID=0&NoTem...) it is recommeded that we use our Client ID, not our Merchant ID.

Would you mind providing some clarity around this?

Thanks

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From memory, I am quite positive that the username/merchant ID must be a 7 digit number and cannot be anything else. If your Client ID happens to be a 7 digit number, I suggest trying that.

I also suggest using the live NAB gateway and not the test gateway, and instead testing with a $1 product if you aren't already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a 7 digit number, it is a number and letters - 3  letters + 4 numbers. Based on what your saying Zoe I would stab at looking at if one of the numbers is actually a letter. So if it is 0- try o instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

Thanks for replying.

Thanks for the suggestions Liam. At the moment the ID is in the format of PX45070 (example - ie the third character is not a zero). I have been copying it directly from our details JIC (I thought that perhaps one of the later zeros was actually an 'O') but am still receiving the same errors.

Two questions:

Is it possible that there is another ID (other than the specified Client ID - 3 characters - and the Merchant IDs - seven) that NAB do not send with the initial information. In past posts people have mentioned having to call NAB for this information.

Are people using the API Transaction Password in the 'password' field? I'm not sure if the Business Catalyst system will also echo 'wrong Client ID' if the password is wrong?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use it and you will need to contact NAB I think. There should be 3 characters. IF they have made any changes to their system where that is not the case and not made that change clear to developers (Such as BC) and new accounts do not work in BC then BC will need to update their system to support that.

It could be that or it is  the wrong number etc. I would give NAB support a go, Quote the knowledgebase link for setup with BC and see what they come back to you with.

I never set it up with this company, just basing my thoughts on common issues people run into etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It should be 2 characters FYI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI... when one of my clients was originally supplied their credentials by the NAB (in email format) it was not actually the correct details we required. I ended up having to call and be told something different by the call center staff. So yes, calling to confirm what the details are would be a good idea !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone

Turns out they have changed their Merchant ID format. Thanks Ignite - I did have to call them in the end to get the right details. Its still a two letter, five number deal but seems to work that way.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something else to make sure of (especially if you havent done this before)..... when your client helpfully says "yes I have changed the password from the default one ... its now xxxyyy etc" ... be sure they have manually gone in and changed their API Transaction password from the default abcd1234... which is a separate issue from changing the login password. Some clients may be unaware of this.

nab password.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines