Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editable Snippet- It is possible?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm Avishekh Das. I am trying to create a snippet that can be edited. For example, what I need is a table with 1 row and 2 columns. In the first column, I want an image (any note image) and the second column (note column, where I can add a note) should be blank.

I need to insert this template in a topic multiple times, so that I can add a note in the blank cloumn.

I have created a snippet for this, but when I insert the snippet, and click on the table to edit it, all other text in the topic disappears and the snippet relocates to the top of the topic. Is an editable snippet possible?

The only other way I found to do this is to insert an HTML code for a table at the places I want in the HTML editor.

Is there any way out? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I have been trying to convince Adobe of this need since snippets were introduced. Please join my campaign.

The more people who report a bug or request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mr. Grainge. I think this feature, if Adobe implements, will prove to be very handy. I have joined the your campaign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Avishekh,

Snippets are non editable entities. When you click on the snippet used in a topic, the entire snippet gets selected. In your use case, if the first column contains lots of html elements ( like text, images etc), then you can create a snippet for those and insert that snippet in the first column. If you have only a single image (as you mentioned), then you can insert that image directly. I can't think of any other way.

-Anil Padia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I'm doing that. However, I think the Editable Snippet feature will really be helpful. I hope Adobe implements this in their next version. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp