7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2012 6:35 AM by blocked_user RSS

Firefox 11 Security Sandbox Violation

I'm working with a local version of my Application - and since I've updated to Firefox 11 I'm having issues with Javascript call backs throwing an error when trying to access the Flash movie.

I've added the preload file, main file, and directory to the Local Trusted locations - and I'm still getting the error; I've confirmed that allowscriptaccess="always" on the page.

I'm running on a Mac OSX 10.7.3 with the latest Flash debugger player 11.2.

*** Security Sandbox Violation ***

SecurityDomain 'null' tried to access incompatible context 'file:/../bin-debug/InitialPreloader.swf?0.6524682486757879'

Here's the kicker - this only happens in Firefox 11 - did not happen in 10 - and does not happen when running locally on Safari (5.1.3), Chrome(18.01) or Opera(11.62)

I did have FlashFireBug installed - but even after the uninstall/disabling - the violation still occurs. Not sure that adding "security unlocks" of sorts inside the application was appropriate because it only happens in one browser.

I generally do prefer Firefox (the FlashFireBug add-on makes some things easier) - and can work around it; but I haven't seen any issues about this so I thought it should be reported - or maybe because I missed something.