• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compile Time just drastically increased! [HELP]

Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why ..  my compile time just went from approx 20-30 seconds  ... to 2:41      

All I've done is add some images and minimal code changes.

Any idea why this would happen ?   2:41 compile time is not going to be fun.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What tool are you using to compile? Did you change from doing interpreter builds to doing regular builds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well ..   while I'm doing heavy coding ..  I'm just compiling in the Flash IDE so I can test basic things.  I only compile with ADT when I need to test it on the actual iPad.

This is happening when hitting COMMAND + ENTER in Flash CS5.5   I need to make the SWF before I can use ADT to make the IPA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my application has size of 30mb, takes a couple second to build swf from FB, then like 25 mins to generate the IPA through adt.....for ad-hoc, is that normal?

my mac pro is 2010

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have heard a lot of reports of it taking a long time in Flash Builder. I have a similar sized app, and in Flash Pro it takes a couple of minutes. I think it's all the Flex frameworks that take a long time to compile. Or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just dont get how it went from taking 20 seconds to taking almost 3 minutes to compile the SWF after adding some images and minimal code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

weird......might be something wrong with your setting of FB, try terminal using mxmlc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check how your 'warnings mode" is set.  Turning on "warnings mode" in the actionscript settings will dramatically increase compile times. When we discovered that turning warnings mode off decreased our compiles from 3 minutes down to 15 seconds, we just left it off, and used FB to check for code style issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that already..  It didn't do anything at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Applauz, trust me, trash the Flash IDE...

I developed Old School Race (oldschoolrace.com) all with Flash CS5.5 spending more time waiting Flash than coding........... and when you include some embedded images the packaging time grow up esponentially.

Now I'm using Flash Builder and all is ok, it's very fast also with lot of embedded images. Don't wait, spend some hours getting closed with FB, you'll re-save this (good spent) hours in a while

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hear a lot from Flash Builder users who are taking 20 minutes to compile a mobile app, where I take a couple of minutes in Flash Pro to compile huge apps. So, FB can be slow too.

Back to the slowness, in the AS3 settings there is a Warnings option, turning that off can sometimes dramatically speed things up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines