• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

uninstalling Robohelp 8 question

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm uninstalling RH8 and I'd like to be forwarded to a good procedure for doing this. Is uninstalling the correct term? What I am trying to do is remove RH8 from my system and give it to another person. I went through this procedure a year ago but want to make sure the transfer goes smoothly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you uninstall you need to deactivate the licence so that you can activate it on the other person's PC. You can do this from the Help / Deactivate menu item. Then you can uninstall the application in the normal way. Some people prefer using an uninstall app like RevoUninstaller though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, Colum. but how do I uninstall in the "normal way?" I can't download an uninstall app on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He means through the Control Panel's Add/Remove Software mechanism.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, Jeff. What if I need to transfer over projects as well? how to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the project source files are on your PC you'll need to copy them somewhere (e.g. a network drive) where the other person can copy and paste them from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, Colum, will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest zipping them up & moving them that way. Peter Grainge has reported issues sometimes occurring when doing a straight copy/paste on RH projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp