13 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2012 3:46 PM by David__B RSS

Failure to open pdf

Hoggie78

Hi.  Im running Debut on a tablet with android 4.0 and pdf`s fail to open.

Error message: PDF failed to load due to an internal error

Does anyone have ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks, Ollie

• 1. Re: Failure to open pdf
          David__B Employee Hosts

Hi Hoggie78,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. My tablet does not have the Android 4.0 OS available yet to test this myself. I'll see if I can find someone that does.

Questions:

- What model of tablet do you have?

- Is the Android OS 4.0 from the tablet manufacturer or a modded version of the developer build on a rooted device?

- Does this behavior happen with all PDF's, is it possible to test PDF's from different sources?

- Are you able to open and view the problematic PDF with other apps on the tablet?

-Dave

• 2. Re: Failure to open pdf
            Hoggie78 Community Member

Hi Dave

Thanks for your response

Im using an Asus Transformer Prime with the standard android 4.0 over the air update that was available a week or two ago.

The pdfs I have are from seperate sources all open with Adobe reader.

Any ideas would be great as working with pdfs is the main reason for purchasing Debut

Thanks, Ollie

• 3. Re: Failure to open pdf
              David__B Employee Hosts

Hey Ollie,

Thanks for the info. I sent an email to you directly to do some further testing.

-Dave

• 4. Re: Failure to open pdf
                David__B Employee Hosts

Hey Ollie,

Did you get my email?

-Dave

• 5. Re: Failure to open pdf
                  Hoggie78 Community Member

Hi Dave

Yes thank you.  I thought I replied directly to your emial with some attachments of the files I've tried.

I thikn I'm being a bit of a novice when it comes to the creative cloud.  I could view the file but not download the pdf.  I managed to save a preview of it as a png and this uploaded to debut absoultely fine.  I also tried a couple more pdfs from different sources, and still hit the same issue.

I also found another bug - when accessing the Creative cloud via Debut or Collage, you are asked to login or register.  I entered my details and clicked ok, and the window goes blank and stays blank.

I'll send you another email with the pdfs attached.

Ollie

• 6. Re: Failure to open pdf
                    David__B Employee Hosts

Thanks Ollie

• 7. Re: Failure to open pdf
                      Alex _S

I have the same exact problem (PDF internal error)on the same tablet (Transformer Prime) running ICS. Could I get support? Thanks

• 8. Re: Failure to open pdf
                        David__B Employee Hosts

Hey Alex,

Our developers are working on an update that will address this. It is an issue that only occurs on specific tablets and only on ICS. The Transformer Prime tablets are they only ones publically available currently which officially support ICS from the manufacturer. There is no immediate fix other than use an alternative file format like jpeg. It will be fixed but I can't say exactly when. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

• 9. Re: Failure to open pdf
                          Alex _S Community Member

Dave, thanks for the answer. If that  is the case, I'd like to get a refund (app purchased today), I'll try it again when the ICS issues have been sorted out.  Please let me know how to proceed. Thanks.

• 10. Re: Failure to open pdf
                            David__B Employee Hosts

Sorry for the delay, I'll email you directly and get you a refund.

-Dave

• 11. Re: Failure to open pdf
                              Alex _S Community Member

No problem, thanks for taking care of this.

Best,

A

• 12. Re: Failure to open pdf
                                jmatthews636

I just bought the my Asus Transporter Prime tablet a few days ago.  I'm a student and use this for class.  Our E-Books are password protected in PDF format and I downloaded mine, however, when I tried to open it  I was unable to log into the PDF to gain access to the content.  How can I fix this?

Thanks

Janet

• 13. Re: Failure to open pdf
                                  David__B Employee Hosts

Hi Janet,

It is not possible to add a password protected PDF into a Debut presentation. Adobe Debut is mostly designed for giving presentations. I'm wondering if either a PDF viewer or E-Book reader would be a more appropriate app for viewing your E-Books. You could use the Creative Cloud website to transfer the PDF's to your tablet if needed (https://creative.adobe.com/). I am able to open password protected PDF's in Adobe Reader and the native eBook app on my Android tablet, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. You might try one these apps instead, both came preinstalled for me, not sure if the same is true for the Asus tablets.

-Dave