• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Script Error in Skin Editor

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this as a reply to the following discussion: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/603151 but believe it merits its own post as it was not resolved by the solution that was presented.

My company runs Internet Explorer 7 as its default browser and recently installed chrome frame. I was editing a robohelp project this week and encountered the following error message when I opened the skin editor:

IE Script Error.jpg

When I opened up the published webhelp I had the same issues described elsewhere in the forums with the TOC and Search not working. I edited the whver.js file using the specifications outlined by piersh in the forum discussion noted above without success.

Additional information:

• I am using RoboHelp 8
  • Functuonality is fine when tested in Firefox
  • Published and tested locally
  • Tested from two additional company computers from a network shared drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

mbrouill, did you make the changes to the whver.js file in your Program Files or the WebHelp output folder? I found that the error in the WebHelp Skin Editor dialog box disappeared when I changed the whver.js file in C:\Program Files\Adobe\RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_stock\ (see m_d_uk2's reply in http://forums.adobe.com/message/3715435#3715435#3715435). If you change the file in the Program Files, the whver.js file in the WebHelp folder will be updated automatically every time you

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Bummer that the solution of the other thread didn't work for you. Is the output affected or is it only the skin editor? What happens if you modify the seed files in your RoboHelp installation directory? (Backup the original files first)

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.

The output is affected as well. I mentioned the skin editor because I hadn't seen that referenced elsewhere and wasn't sure if it was a unique issue.

I have a followup question about editing the whver.js file. When I edited the line identified by a previous poster

var gbChrome = (gAgent.indexOf('chrome')!=-1) && (gAgent.indexOf('chromeframe')==-1);

and saved my work, I didn't see my edit reflected in the file when I reopened it. My issue might be more rudimentary. What do I need to do to effect changes to the javascript? Is it better to do in the application's script editor or by opening the file from webhelp and using notepad?

I realize I'm asking something extremely basic and apologize for the level of ignorance expressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following link:

In the following post, this poster only got it to work after uninstalling chromeframe and other addons: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4301933#4301933

Does this solve your problem?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the javascript edit in http://forums.adobe.com/message/3826014#3826014#3826014.

Both of the forum posts you referenced are addressing the issue in RoboHelp 9. I know there was an patch for chrome in 9 (http://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/enter-key-doesnt-launch-search.html).

I'm running 8.0.2 and I work in a company where I cannot get IT to unistall the plug-in companywide.

Just an update to my previoud post: I did realize the javascript edits I made were written over by another publish. With the edit in place however, my output still isn't working.

Editing the .js in the webhelp folder hasn't worked to fix the functioning of the TOC and Search and why the error in the Skin Editor at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally made an edit to the Whver.js file that worked. I don't know if the second part is needed but I did as was previously indicated and used the following:

var gbChrome = (gAgent.indexOf('chrome')!=-1) && (gAgent.indexOf('chromeframe')==-1);

and

if(gbChrome)

{

//for the time being use same tests as safari

gbSafari = false ;

gbSafari3= false;

}

I'm up in running on IE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, both are needed. I thought that this is specified in one of the referenced posts. Good you figured it out.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add a follow up to this post. While editing the whver.js file has worked like a charm for getting my output to work in IE, the error message in the skin editor remains. It pop ups whenever I open the editor. This start happening at the same time as the chrome plug-in issue which is why I originally tied the two together. Now that I'm having difficulty with a toolbar button (see http://forums.adobe.com/message/4541798) I'm wondering if something else is at work. I would be grateful for any insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mbrouill, did you make the changes to the whver.js file in your Program Files or the WebHelp output folder? I found that the error in the WebHelp Skin Editor dialog box disappeared when I changed the whver.js file in C:\Program Files\Adobe\RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_stock\ (see m_d_uk2's reply in http://forums.adobe.com/message/3715435#3715435#3715435). If you change the file in the Program Files, the whver.js file in the WebHelp folder will be updated automatically every time you regenerate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you dma. This was exactly the information I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp