3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2012 12:53 PM by Peter Spier RSS

Crashing on minimize or close

Fingersfly

InDesign crashes every time I minimize or close. So I can't open more than one file at a time : (

• 1. Re: Crashing on minimize or close
          Manish-Sharma Adobe Employee

Which OS and version of Indesign are you using.....

Have you tried resetting the preferences:--

These are normally hidden files, so you will need to set your system to show them. They will be found in various places depending on the OS, and the version of InDesign.

InDesign Defaults:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<language>\ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Windows Vista or Windows 7: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Macintosh: Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>/(Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

InDesign SavedData:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\Caches\ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Windows Vista or Windows 7: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\Caches\ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Macintosh: Hard Drive/Users/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>/ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

• 2. Re: Crashing on minimize or close
            Fingersfly Community Member

Sorry... I'm working in INDD 5.5 on a Windows 7 machine.  Thank you.

• 3. Re: Crashing on minimize or close
              Peter Spier ACP/MVPs

Aside from trashing the prefs, make sure you have installed the 7.5.2 update.