Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

printed document page number cross-references

Sep 08, 2008 Sep 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to export webhelp to Printed Document - MS Word with page numbers taking the place of hyperlinks? Must the page numbers be added after the printed document is created?

If so, can the InsertPagRefs macro insert page numbers across a multifile document?

I anticipate exporting to printed documents consisting of multiple files with pictures inserted by reference. I need cross-reference page numbers that look like internal page references.

If a master document is not recommended for a large manual, how is a large manual to be handled? I intend not to use Word as a base for single sourcing and to create RD fields and files for an *input* document. I intend to use webhelp as the single source so I can use RH 7 conditional text and mutiple TOCs to produce multiple documents and document formats!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2008 Sep 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No but you can easily add them afterwards. There is a macro on my site that does exactly that.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/word/word_macros.htm

Your refer to a "large manual". How big is "large"?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp