• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I add a code snippet to all topics in project?

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some java code that I need to add within the header of every topic in my help project. Is there an easy way to do this instead of individually adding topic by topic?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What version of RH are you using? What do you mean by header? The section in HTML or just in the top of every topic?

Try a master page/template. You can create a header and add the code in there. Assign the master page to all topics et voila.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I should be more specific....I'm using Robohelp 9 and it's not a template change that I'm making (such as a logo I want to appear at the top corner of every page) but a piece of code (google analytics to be specific) that needs to be added to every page to be able to track usage. The code needs to go on every page in order to analyze it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is something you probably only want to do in your ouput. The GA code must be placed directly in front of the </head> tag, so a simple find and replace will help. Just replace </head> with the google code + '</head>'.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that would make sense to only add to the output. Can I do a find and replace all to the output files within robohelp or is there a better tool for that purpose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We use a tool called PowerGREP 4 to manipulate the output files. That may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp