• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are my Neospeech and Loquendo Speech agents?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Neospeech and Loquendo multiple times, but the voices do not show up on my text-to-speech speech agent. Please help me install them! Thanks.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please check if you can find a folder named 'VT' at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 5 (Windows XP) or C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 5 (windows 7).

Also please provide

- Adobe Captivate version

- Operating System of your computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no folder named 'VT' in my C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 5.5 (windows 7). Please help some more! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be falling foul of a classic user error with these speech file installations.

When you downloaded the install files, what you actually did when you executed these files is just unpack the installer...usually to a folder on your desktop.  Then you need to go inside this folder and execute the REAL install file to get the voices into your Captivate installation folder.

So did you just do the first step and unpack the installer?  Or did you do both steps and first unpack before opening the folder and executing the installer?  If in doubt, go back to the files you downloaded and try it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I did both steps (multiple times). What I am not sure is where the files should "land." Right now the Loquendo and Neospeech folders are in: c:\program files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Cpativate 5.5. Is there where they should be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep.  That's where they should be all right.

Open a project and go to Audio > Speech Management.

Do you see the voices listed there?

TTS_VoicesList.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, again. No, the only one there is Microsoft Anna. When I open teh Neospeech and Loquendo folders and drill down, I see the others' names, but they do not appear in the correct menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a VT folder inside your Captivate 5.5 install folder?

Are you only running Captivate 5.5 on your system?  You don't by any chance also have Captivate 5 installed as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. I don't have the VT folder. What is that? Where do I get it? I only have one version of Captivate, 5.5. I am running the trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.  You're running the Trial Version.  Now THAT little bit of information might be significant. 

My guess is that the extra TTS voices will only install on full licensed versions.

The VT folder is the one that would be written to your Captivate install folder if the NeoSpeech voices were installed properly.  You don't have it, so therefore you won't have those voices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. that makes sense, but i could kick myself for the hours and hours I have tried to install it!. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I will make a mental note next time to ask whether or not someone is using the Trial Version when they say they cannot install TTS voices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arialint,

i tested this on my machine, after installing Adobe Captivate 5.5 trial and then installing Loquendo TTS on it.

I was able to install it and i have new TTS voices in my adobe captivate 5.5 trial.

can you please share your email ID with me, so that we can assist you further in this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aditya: can you send me your email address so I can send you my email ID? I prefer not to post it on the forum. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the NeoSpeech TTS agents also install on your trial, or did you only test the Loquendo installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both were installed. It seems all I had needed to do was click on a file named CPextrasCLI. Adobe said the trial version is the full version. Thanks for your help, though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting.  In order to provide a little more information to other users that might experience this issue, can you tell us where this file CPextrasCLI was located?  Was it in the downloaded TTS install files, or was it on a trial version DVD?  Did you first have to extract files to an install package and then execute this file?

Any extra info you can provide would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adity, you were great and quick in resolving my issue. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rodward,

When we download the Neospeech and loquendo TTS agents, we have to first unpack both the packages.

The installed contents are normally extracted to Desktop in 'Adobe Captivate 5.5 content'.

The folder contains two seperate folders for Neospeech and Loquendo, and both of them contains CPextrasCLI files, which are the actual installers.

You were write when you suggested to unpack and then install the TTS agents. I just provided the detailed description for that.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Great.  Thanks for the clarification.  I'm putting the finishing touches on an e-book about Troubleshooting Captivate 5 and 5.5.  So I'm trying to ensure I portray the issues and solutions accurately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aditya,

I am having the same problem. I have fully licenses Tech Comm Suite 4.0 with both Captivate 6.0 32 and Captivate 6.0 64, and I want to use Captivate 6.0 64 (yes, I have a Windows 7 64 bit machine). The Neospeech voices installed once before, but when IT had to reinstall Captivate (it crashed big time) the voices were gone again. Now we are following the instructions above and from other Adobe forum posts - all with no luck. When the AAM goes to install them, it finishes in about 2 seconds flat, which I assume means it failed even though it says "completed." One of the posts said reinstall AAM. I did - no difference.

Another post suggested finding an Adobe administrator setting file in the Common files and setting "1" to "0" but I don't have that file. The only TTS voice I now have is dreadful Microsoft Ana, and I am working on a big project with10 tutorials that all use Neospeech "Paul."

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ajay,

Can you find the voices installer. Extract the contents of the NeoSpeech and you should find a VT folder in the installer extracted files. Copy that VT folder to Captivate 6 Installed Location in the root drive itself and relaunch Captivate and check if Neo Voices get listed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Captivate 6 32 bit version and I have the VT folder visible in the folder called Adobe Captivate 6 (32 Bit) - which I assume is the 'Captivate 6 Installed Location' referred to above. In that VT folder I can see folders for 'Bridget, Chloe etc but they still dont appear in Captivate when it launches as Speech agents in the Speech Management panel. I had to downgrade from 64 bit to 32 because 64 seemed to run so slowly on my laptop - could this have anything to do with it? (I have downloaded the 32 version of voices though).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-installed and that sorted it out, thankfully

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I, too, installed the loquendo voices (juliette, simon, stefan) using the file CpExtrasCLI.exe in this directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 5.5 Content\Add-ons\Loquendo Text To Speech Voices\Loquendo\LTTS7\data\voices, but I cannot get them to appear in Captivate. Do I need to move them into the VT folder with Kate and Paul? I have a licensed version of 5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources