Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ID - can't update address book information

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Under the "My Information" section of my Adobe ID I have found that my delivery address information is incorrect.  I tried to update it but it seems to be impossible because it requires State/Province to be selected - the problem is that for New Zealand there are no choices listed so you can't choose anything.  When I press "Save changes", the State/Province boxes are highlighted in red and it won't update...  I looked through the support section and there appears to be no way to contact Adobe about this other than phoning, and I have tried phoning on another matter and couldn't get through for a long time.  Is anyone who is able to help with this reading the forums?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2012-03-08 at 12.03.34 PM.png Screen Shot 2012-03-08 at 12.04.17 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Critter231,

I will check with the concerned people and get back to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When you access the "My Information"Section, does the country already show up as New Zealand or do you have to manually select the option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I actually found a way to update my address, but via a different part of the site: adobe.co.nz -> click on my screen name on the top-right -> my account -> Edit your Account Information.  This now has my correct address including State, and New Zealand is shown under Country and is not editable:

Screen Shot 2012-03-09 at 6.54.54 AM.png

The original issue is when I go to adobe.com and click "My Adobe" and then choose My address book.

In this section Country actually comes up blank and is not editable:

Screen Shot 2012-03-09 at 6.50.04 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Glad to know that you have been able to update your account information. The screen shown here is the right one to make the changes on as the country name will not be editable once you choose it when creating an account initially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just use the first screen and don't worry about the other one? 

If so that's fine and thanks very much for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The changes should reflect on the other screen automatically once updated under "Edit your account information".

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked and "My Adobe" Address book hasn't changed - it's the same as above despite successfully updating address information (again just to be sure) via adobe.co.nz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Critter231,

I am currently checking on this. I will get back to you with details on what could be causing the problem.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gautham, I appreciate your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I am from Germany, and similar to Critter231, I can update my address information using the german site (adobe.de), but it does not update the changes here on the adobe.com site. And I cannot update my addresses here on adobe.com - with exactly the same symptons that Critter231 described (State/Province is marked red, but nothing to choose from, no country field visible, and saving is not possible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.

I've just created an account to file a report about issues with flash 11.2.202.228 and now this.

I'm getting VERY angry with Adobe, as this problem was reported a month back and still no resolution.

Something as simple as changing your zip/post code doesn't work. How does that make Adobe look? I've spent the last 2 hours getting really annoyed. And since there's no way to manually delete your account, it has made for a very infuriating experience of this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. My country changed to US for some reason and I can't change it back. The Adobe customer support told me that I'm correct - I can't change my address. I asked how do I pay for things if I can't change my billing address? He said I needed to create a new account. I asked, so I can't use my email address anymore? He said no I need to use another email address. Plus new billing history, settings everything, just because I can't update my country.

How does this make sense? Adobe can't make a online account system where you can change your address?

Then I get this auto-email telling me that they consider my case solved. I saw a link to take a survey. I thought that I could at least let them know I'm upset. I clicked the link and even that didn't work. I started the survey, choose English, click next and was taken to a screen that thanked me for my feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. My country decided to change itself from Australia to Aruba (never visited there let alone lived there). Unable to change the country myself, customer service unable to do it either and advised me to create a new account and have my registrations transferred between accounts.

As inconvenient as it is I did as requested. Then when I tried to have the registrations transferred the support agent told me my original account didn't exist. Even though I was logged into it! Then they "double crossed my information" and we able to find it - but my products didn't exist. I was logged into the account and could see them listed under "My Products" and provided the serial numbers.

At this point they insisted that the products weren't registered and I had to register them again, which of course fails as they are already registered. So I'm stuck, they wouldn't help further. My request for a contact to escalate the problem was ignored. I can't fix the country which prevents me from purchasing Creative Cloud as an existing user (account A is an existing user in an unsupported country, account B is in a supported country but not an existing user).

Seriously this system is a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2012 Apr 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. I've just bought Creative Cloud, but I've made a mistake in my billing address, so I have to simply change it.

It can't be done, so I will have to remove my order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue. I can't update my address book. I entered new information when I was purchasing Creative Cloud (which Adobe didn't retain) then I've tried 6 times on two different browsers (clearing browsing history and cookies) to update my info... every time it says that it is saved but when I come back the old info is there. I'm livid about this issue. Every time I contact support I'm told that someone else will have to get back to me in 2-3 days—I make my living using these products and can't stand for them to not work and not be fixed imediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines