• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Acrobat X from disc, incorrectly states computer doesn't meet system reqmnts.

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trying to install Acrobat X Standard from disc.  Computer gives me message that I have not met the system requirements.  But I have, so what do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Hi,

Mostlikely your windows vista is still SP1. Update it to SP2 and it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your system info....

check here http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstandard/tech-specs.html and compare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First check form the below link that you actually meet the system  requirements.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatpro/tech-specs.html

If you do, then copy the contents of the disc to a folder on the desktop and try running the installer and check if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Vista Home Premium

AMD 64x2 Dual Core Processor  5600  2.80 GHz

Memory 2942 MB

32 bit system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copied disc to desktop, tried to run it and got same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please attach the install.log file(c:\Program Files\CommonFiles\Adobe\Installers\[Adobe Application name<date>].log.gz)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your screen resolution? A lot of such failures hinge on this trivial thing, meaning that the installer may not read the resolution correctly, even though it is actuall quite large. Can happen on notebooks with external graphics output or desktop machines with multiple displays that are conencted in an odd order... Check your graphics driver and update it, if necessary.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Willy P had the solution for me.  I hadn't upgraded to Service Pak 2.  Thank you for your help.  bestoftmz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium is right ,,,,,,What you have posted are not the determining factor for the software to meet the requirement,

Please check the link provided my me in earlier post and compare it with yours , those are the minimum requirement anyone of them if missing could cause this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willy P had my solution.  Thank you for your help. !!! bestoftmz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Mostlikely your windows vista is still SP1. Update it to SP2 and it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willy- you had the right answer for me.  My service pak was still on 1.  Thank you for your help. Much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines