• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player 11.1/11.2 doesn't work in Firefox (since 10)

Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I've been having difficultites to access the poems in http://www.poetryarchive.org since Flash player 11.1/11.2 in Firefox. The player seems to work fine in Chrome. So I raised this issue in Firefox forum. Someone said that Flash player has changed it's way to detect the version of Flash (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/925094). I wonder anyone here could point me out what that is and how to fix it accordingly.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Zeyin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system, version & edition?

Is Flash Player (Shockwave Flash) enabled in Firefox (type  about:plugins  in the browser's address bar)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your reply.

It's Windows 7 professional 64bit. Yes Flash player is enabled at all time and this is the version info:

File: NPSWF32_11_2_202_228.dll
Version: 11.2.202.228
Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202

Cheers,

Zeyin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zeyin,

Many times, I've found that creating a new profile can help resolve problems with Firefox.  Could you give this a try and let us know how it goes?

Make a new profile

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, still didn't work.

Cheers,

Zeyin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, I'm seeing "TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference." error once I've downloaded and installed Flash debugger. And the browser would be frozen for a few mins too.

I've also done a little googling. It sounds like relevant to object initialisation. But, thing is a little weird that why everything is fine in the other browsers?

Cheers,

Zeyin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've raised this issue in here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=745654

Cheers,

Zeyin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines