11 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2015 5:40 PM by dianel3065496 RSS

How do I add photos from another collection to my saved Book?

MandyMoo3

Hi,

In my lightroom library I have created a collection set called "Wedding". As I have 1000 photos from my wedding, within this Collection Set I have created 10 or more Collections to organise these photos (Ceremony, Reception, First Dance, etc.).

I have created a new 'Book' which as expected, has created a new Collection within my 'Wedding' collection set.

When I first create the book (before saving it) it seems like I can click on a page, then browse my Collections and add the photo that I desire to the page.

After I have saved the book, I can't so this. I want to work on my book later, and use my existing organisation of photos, and add photos to my books from these collections.

I know I am missing something basic (I am new to lightroom). I don't understand why I can't add a photo to my book after I have saved it.

Each time I click on one of my other collections, a new unsaved book appears in the main project window.

I have worked out that if I copy all my wedding photos into the new "Book" collection, then my photos are available for use - but this defeats the purpose of organising my photos into separate collections, and it doesn't seem like you can create a sub-collection within the Book project.

I also can't seem to find any documentation to explain this properly.

Any help would be apreciated - or if I coud be pointed to a good resource.

Cheers,

Mandy.