• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player download timeout at 47%

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2012 Apr 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player failed on me, I can't attribute it to any specific reason at the time.  Any application that needs flash shows blank, no sound, vision or that I

need to download flash player.

Subsequently removed and reinstalled 11.2.202.228, and get the download timeout at 47% of installation.  Have tried a few times and get the same issue, also with earlier versions 11.1.102.63

& 10.3.183.15.  On attempting manual installation, it appears to install completely, however, I go back to the original issue on the first line above.  

Have just completed a full scan for any malware, spyware, virus, etc. and come up with nothing.

Specs:  Vista 6 SP2, Firefox 11, 32-bit, but also failed with IE7 (in a desperate attempt to resolve the issue!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 08, 2012 Apr 08, 2012

Can you try a clean install, as follows:

1. Download the current uninstaller
  2. Close all browser windows and run the uninstaller
  3. Restart Windows
  4. Delete all remaining files and folders located in the following directories.  (tip: copy and paste these paths into the path bar in an Explorer window)
    • C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
    • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (if it exists)
    • %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
    • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player
  5. Verify that the file “FlashPl

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give a little bit more detailed symptoms than just "failed"?

Also, what is your display adapter, driver version & date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With regards to "failed", there will be no audio, no video, no functionality, just a blank screen.  This will happen for anything that requires flash: youtube, etc. 

Display adapter is Mobile Interl(R) 4 Series Chipset Family

Driver version 8.15.10.2202

Date: 25/08/2010

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try a clean install, as follows:

1. Download the current uninstaller
  2. Close all browser windows and run the uninstaller
  3. Restart Windows
  4. Delete all remaining files and folders located in the following directories.  (tip: copy and paste these paths into the path bar in an Explorer window)
    • C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
    • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (if it exists)
    • %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
    • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player
  5. Verify that the file “FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl” in C:\Window\system32\ for 32 bit systems or C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ if you are using a 64 bit system, has been deleted
  6. Download and run the offline installers

If the problem persists, can you go to http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect and check if there are newer device drivers available for your display adapter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed through with the clean install and also updated the device driver.  It's up and running now.

Great fix, thanks Pat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great; glad it was so easy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat:

I just went through a long song and dance trying to get Adobe Flash up and running again.

My son has a new computer, and after only 4 days of use, some update came along and changed something, and he tried to update//install flash so that he could play YouTube videos.  He followed the instructions, and things blew up, with the "stuck at 47% problem".

I came along and made several attempts, but didn't fare any better.  Googled, and discovered the information that you had put up in this forum, and made 3 more failed attempts, in spite of following your directions...  😞

Then, this morning I had a flash (sic 🙂 ), and went and looked for failed 32 bit stuff...  And discovered some, and cleaned it out.  The next install of the 64 bit went fine.

I am suggesting that you add instructions to clean out both the 32 bit system files and the 64 bit systems...

Thanks, wasn't fun, but I am glad to be done,

Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warren,

For what it's worth, the original poster on this thread had said he was on a 32 bit system, so I suspect Pat modified the instructions a little bit for 32 bit.  The FAQ for this does cover both 32 and 64 bit

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Regardless, very glad to hear you were able to figure it out and get Flash Player installed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. the reason why I (and Carl as well) place the instructions directly into the forum topics, rather than referring to the FAQ, is that the FAQ entry does not contain the download links to the offline installers.  We know why these links are not there, but we need to supply these links, as most users with FP install problems are more likely to succeed with the offline installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm having the same problem as Fox was. I've tried turning off my antivirus, a clean install, and a clean install with my antivirus off, but it still times out at 47% every time. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. Display adapter is Intel(R) HD Graphics Family. Version 8.15.10.2353 dated 4/4/2011. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please download Flash Player from the following link: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

After downloading, close all browsers and double-click the downloaded file.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your 32 bit uninstaller link gives 404 error message.  Can you update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic is more than one year old; there is no longer a 32-bit uninstaller.

Use http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2013 Jun 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your offline installers gives 404 error message. Can you update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2013 Jun 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please don't use these old links!  This topic is now closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines