• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 7 Webhelp will not compile

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2011 Apr 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows XP Pro SP3 with latest patches. I started with RoboHelp 7 fully patched. MS Office 2007 fully patched.

I have full security rights to my login.

I get errors whether generating webhelp via the GUI or the commandline. Until I tried to generate finaly changes to the first draft of this project, I could generate without error.

When generating webhelp or webhelp pro I get the error:

Preparing to create WebHelp Pro...
Finished preparing in 1 sec(s)

Initializing compiler...
Generating WebHelp Pro 5.50 (7.01.001)...
Error: Can not register active script for language:javascript)
Template Error: can not resolve macro: RegisterResolvers

Fatal Error: Cannot run macro: RegisterResolvers in compilation script.

I get this for ANY project, even the samples.

I found a couple of topics that gave some advice, but that did not help.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and renaming various files, as suggested by these topics, all to no avail.

The link with information that I have followed are:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/844712#844712

The one thing I did not try mentioned in the above link, was to use the RoboScriptReg.exe mentioned, since a search for it did not reveal where it can be obtained.

I changed the Word macro security settings from "Disable all macros with notication" to "Enable all macros (not recommended...".I am not sure why this would matter, since I am not using Word to enter the data, but I tried it and still no go.

There has got to be some solution other than format and reinstall; or shell our money for the latest version. I am surprised that there does not appear to be a way to figure out what is wrong just by searching on the error output.

Is there a commandline option that I overlooked, or a hidden option to get RoboHelp to give an error to better pinpoint the problem?

I will greatly appreciate all help in resolving this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same error in RH 9. RHerror.jpg

Was working fine until today when I tried to output a file updated from a RH8 project. Can someone pleae help???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting the CPD file and then reopen the project.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this (deleting the CPD file) and Robohelp 7 on WinXP SP3 using ANY project still gives this error.

I tried going through an Adobe technician and he said that he had nothing on this, and all he could figure from the Windows Error Log was to follow a Microsoft KB article to uninstall .Net 2.0 and re-install. This requires uninstalling all newer versions of .Net and lots of re-booting, so after several hours that did not work.

I was hopeful that deleting the CPD file would work, but no joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't necessarily mean it will not work for KCBurke and I would still say try it first.

Are you saying that one year on you are still having this problem?

If you are, try this with one project after creating a backup copy of it. Delete the !LNG! folder and then open the project and generate again. Let us know if it works.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you mean the folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kathy

Our posts have crossed.

Try the LNG solution before worrying about installation issues.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to leave the computer for a while but I appreciate your help. I’ll try all of your suggestions when I return.

Thanks

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, still having the problem.

I have to copy the project to anther computer to compile it. Not very effective, since I need it to work (compile) on the computer I use every day.

I tried deleting the RoboHelp 7 !Language! directory and it still gave the error.

So for This error on RoboHelp 7 on WinXP SP3, the following DO NOT WORK:

• Uninstall RoboHelp 7 & re-install.
  • Uninstall .Net 2.0 & re-install. Combined with Uninstall RoboHelp 7 & reinstall after .Net 2.0 re-installed. (As per Adobe help technician who had no clue other than an MS KB article to do this.)
  • http://forums.adobe.com/message/844712#844712
  • Changing Word Macro Security
  • Deleting the project *.CPD file.
  • Deleting the !Language! directory.

Any suggestions for a quick fix I am happy to try, but anything that requires hours is out. I  can't be off task that long.

Thanks for the help!

~ Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have local admin rights when RoboHelp was installed and do you still have them?

I just searched RegisterResolver on the forums and the hits were all from when RoboHelp required users to have admin rights when RoboHelp was installed and to run. In 8 and 9 you only need those rights to install.

That could explain Kathy's sudden problem as a few people had the rights and then IT had removed them. In your case maybe your pemissions are different on the two machines.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a power user on the PC in question. It worked when I initially installed it, then suddenly quit working.

I am able to install and uninstall whatever I need on this PC.

Are you saying that I may need to sign in as the local admin and re-install? Or would I need to uninstall and do a clean install as the local admin?

Or is that utility available somewhere?

Thanks!

~ Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No utility, it is a permissions thing. Power User and Local Admin are not the same thing and you need to be the latter. Speak to your IT guys.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll double-check permissions.

Any other ideas if that is not it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am and always have been an administrator on my machine (just checked). We do have a very invasive IT team that downloads “patches” every week, so that might have something to do with it. They always deny any culpability and they don’t even know what RoboHelp is, so I doubt that a support ticket would help.

I have downloaded the latest installer for TCS 3.5 and am planning to remove all of TCS 3 and re-install 3.5, unless there is some reason not to do so. I think this night be some sort of registry error and perhaps that will fix it.

Two things happened yesterday. First, I could not open RoboHTML at all and then when I closed all my other programs I was able to open it. I then opened an old project file and that’s when the trouble started. But now it happens with every project (even the samples) so I’m completely baffled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Seems to me that a simple test would be to have one of your IT staff log in as themselves. Then test RoboHelp using their login and see if it behaves. If it does, there's your answer! If it still misbehaves, there is obviously more detective work to be done.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of application error logs from yesterday. Here’s the first one.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Application Error

Event Category: None

Event ID: 1000

Date: 4/11/2012

Time: 2:50:24 PM

User: N/A

Computer: B5D8ZP1-L-GA001

Description:

Faulting application robohtml.exe, version 9.0.2.271, faulting module htmsinglesourcewebhelp.dll, version 9.0.0.228, fault address 0x000482e0.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Data:

0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat

0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail

0010: 75 72 65 20 20 72 6f 62 ure rob

0018: 6f 68 74 6d 6c 2e 65 78 ohtml.ex

0020: 65 20 39 2e 30 2e 32 2e e 9.0.2.

0028: 32 37 31 20 69 6e 20 68 271 in h

0030: 74 6d 73 69 6e 67 6c 65 tmsingle

0038: 73 6f 75 72 63 65 77 65 sourcewe

0040: 62 68 65 6c 70 2e 64 6c bhelp.dl

0048: 6c 20 39 2e 30 2e 30 2e l 9.0.0.

0050: 32 32 38 20 61 74 20 6f 228 at o

0058: 66 66 73 65 74 20 30 30 ffset 00

0060: 30 34 38 32 65 30 0d 0a 0482e0..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

It sounds like you feel those of us trying to assist are part of the RoboHelp development team. Sorry, but we are users same as you. And the application error logs tell us about the same things they tell you.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In response to Kathy's direct message, it is as Rick says, those logs will not help us.

You can have multiple versions of TCS installed. I have 1, 2 and 3 on one machine so I don't think it is having 3.5 as well that is the issue. Given that history shows this problem to be a permissions thing, I still believe something is messing up your permissions somewhere at a level IT need to investigate. Rick's suggestion will verify that.

If that should fail, then get IT to uninstall and reinstall 3.5 and regenerate all under their logon.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried that but I still get the same error.

Could it have something to do with the registry? I installed TCS 3.5 over TCS3.

Thanks

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Where exactly is the project when you are making edits? Is it on your local C drive? Or is it by chance on a network drive? If it's on a network drive, move it to your C drive and see if the problems disappear. I recall years ago working at a client location where they had a similar or the same issue. The problem was that the project was on the network. I think permissions also came into play too.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the data is on the C:\ drive. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp