• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whats new in Adobe CS6 Production Premium? Im glad you asked!

Advocate ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 will surprise and delight everyone here. PrP and AE have worked on the basics and added new tools. I am so excited to see everyones reaction at NAB this year.

http://success.adobe.com/en/na/programs/events/1203_16108_nab.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 130 Replies 130
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Craig...

"New additions are Adobe SpeedGrade™

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, SpeedGrade and bunches of other stuff.

A lot of stuff discussed here at the forums was addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, I'm only half way through the page and I already want it NOW!

You're right, a lot of concerns voiced in these forums have been addressed.  After NAB, it's going to be Final Cut Who?  Avid Media What?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More evidence that Adobe does listen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my God, PP finally got Adjustment Layers.

That's HUGE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Adobe Transmit allows regular sequences to send SDI signals thru AJA, Matrox and BMD for display on external monitors or sent to tape machines. All with CUDA goodness and smooth playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that.  It's not quite what I was hoping for, which is that same performance minus the need to spend extra money on third-party hardware, and instead just using the "already there" graphics card for proper external monitoring.

But it's definitely a step forward that I'm sure many post houses will love.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's more detail beyond the link that Tom gave:

Premiere Pro CS6: what's new and changed
After Effects CS6: what's new and changed

Audition CS6: what's new and changed

I'll be posting _much_ more detail on the team blogs over the next several days, and the posts at the links above will grow to include links to the feature-specific posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best news to me is that PP CS 6.0 makes use of Open CL and AE can now make use of true 3-D animation by implementing a raytracing engine. I wish Adobe would buy Carrara Pro from DAZ3D. Carrara rocks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is so much good stuff Im a little overwhelmed 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it doesn't affect me since I have Nvidia gear, I do wonder about the Open CL utilization...all the current docs seem to indicate that as a Mac solution. It doesn't specifically exclude utilizing ATI cards on PC, but every mention of Open CL and ATI seems closed to Mac usage. Guess we'll know more soon. I know a lot of people were wanting the ATI cards to be utilized.

All I have to say really, is SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/264/241/9e9.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sure they eventually will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will I still need plural eyes for automatic audio sync with dual sound/hdslr recordring (without TC)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> all the current docs seem to indicate that as a Mac solution. It doesn't specifically exclude utilizing ATI cards on PC, but every mention of Open CL and ATI seems closed to Mac usage

For now, Premiere Pro CS6 will use OpenCL on the following:

AMD Radeon HD 6750M and AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics card with 1GB VRAM in MacBook Pro computers running Mac OSX v10.7

That information is here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2012/04/premiere-pro-cs6-whats-new-and-changed.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now, Premiere Pro CS6 will use OpenCL on the following:

Prefacing your statement with "For now" is very encouraging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<p>&gt; Will I still need plural eyes for automatic audio sync with dual sound/hdslr recordring (without TC)?</p>

It does not sound like this tool or similar tool got integrated into premiere or audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was at the Audition demo at NAB and I thought that automatic audio sync was in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lasvideo wrote:

And Adobe Transmit allows regular sequences to send SDI signals thru AJA, Matrox and BMD for display on external monitors or sent to tape machines. All with CUDA goodness and smooth playback.

Adobe Mercury Transmit!

Pop the champagne and break out the credit card!

PopChampagne.jpg

Now... the debate on which card to use begins.

Who's it gonna be?  Jul 22, 2011

And even though it isn't exactly what he wants... a special toast for Jim Simon.

A Proper Monitoring Solution  Sep 9, 2011

Adjustment Layers!!!

Global Performance Cache!!!

Raytrace Engine!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe, while eating lunch I read your enthusiastic response and almost sent Diet Coke (not champagne) spewing forth with laughter.

I currently am running the good old Quadro 4000 which from my expereince kicks as in PrP and when rendering in the AE ( especially in ray trace mode). Maybe Todd has more in depth info on this subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now... the debate on which card to use begins.

Debate is over for me...Blackmagic Design has products that have intrigued me for a while and now it's a no-brainer since I don't have to worry about sequence format and transferability between editors. Blackmagic stuff is also some of the most affordable and is still good quality. AJA probably makes the best stuff in the low end range but it's still above my range.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently Matrox recommends roling back the Nvidia driver for display and proper monitoring solutions. They accuse Nvidia of a bad driver,, so even the newly released Mojito and the MX 02 needs an ancient driver to use in CS5.5..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srukweza wrote:

Currently Matrox recommends roling back the Nvidia driver for display and proper monitoring solutions. They accuse Nvidia of a bad driver,, so even the newly released Mojito and the MX 02 needs an ancient driver to use in CS5.5..

I don't know, what this has to do with the topic, but it isn't an actual information anyway. look at

http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=7989

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This release appears to be an incredibly exciting one and congratulations to the entire Adobe team.

Cant wait to get amongst it. (especially ....Speedgrade!)

Be curious how backwardly compatible it is with CS5.5 Projects but assume that it wont be an issue.

Be keen to see what others are considering for "new hardware" to accompany this release. ( Maybe a thread could be started in this regard)

My order is going into my Adobe dealer today whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be keen to see what others are considering for "new hardware" to accompany this release. ( Maybe a thread could be started in this regard)

It has already been started: http://ppbm6.com/Planning.html and http://www.videoguys.com/Blog/E/Planning+a+new+NLE+system+part+1/0xea83dda5e1137a11d5a49ed0f2fc97c1....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines