• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screaming about Flash Player installation

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to install flash player, it starts to download, but when it reaches the 50% mark in the download a message apprears...Bad sector or file C:users\Carol\appdata\local\temp\MSIMG32.dll  the only option I have is to click close and when I do that it stops the installation.  If I leave it alone and let it continue, it will go to 95% and then go no more.

What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Now that the folder has been removed, try using the appropriate installer from this link:

Offline Flash Player installers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you might want to check your hard drive for errors.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Check-your-hard-disk-for-errors

Let us know if that comes back clean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It came back clear no errors.  So tonight I tried installing again and got the same message. "C:users\Carol\Appdata\local\temp\MSIMG32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.  Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or vendor."   This appears at the 50% mark of downloading and the download will stop at 95%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll forward this along to the installer team to see if they've come across this before.  Googling shows that you aren't alone with this problem and Flash, I just haven't seen it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you also try the steps that Carl lists out in this post?  It helped another user with the same error message.  Please let me know if you don't have a 64 bit OS, I'll get you different links.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4246284#4246284

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 64 bit OS, but it wouldn't let me delete the windows flash folder.  It says I don't have permission, but I am listed as the adminstrator....how frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what Carl and Pat recommended and then did this whole process over again that the other person recommended and I still have that same message and no adobe flashplayer!

So very frustrating~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everyhting...now I sit with a machine with no flash so I can't run anything and I am VERY upset!  Some one please help me!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that the folder has been removed, try using the appropriate installer from this link:

Offline Flash Player installers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU THANK YOU ...I now have flash!!!!!  You made my day!   Thank-you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DAR lady wrote:

I have 64 bit OS, but it wouldn't let me delete the windows flash folder.  It says I don't have permission, but I am listed as the adminstrator...

There seems to be a permission problem with these folders; that may also explain why you were unable to install it at all.

Try using Unlocker to remove these folders (after uninstalling Flash Player).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines