Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chinese and Korean characters not displaying in navigation pane

Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue with Chinese and Korean characters not displaying on the tabs in the navigation pane: NavTab.png

I have 2 RoboHelp projects (using RoboHelp 8 with the updates installed) to generate WebHelp, one in Simplified Chinese, the other Korean. The HTML files, .HHC and .HHK were sent out for translations. I have set the appropriate language in the project settings, everything almost works, except for the text on the Contents, Index, and Search tabs. (I'm not using a skin.) I have read in various threads that the lng file should be edited using the RoboHelp interface, and this seems to be the crux of the problem. The characters do not display correctly through the RoboHelp UI.

RH_lng_UI.png

The computer on which I generate the WebHelp is Windows Server 2003, and I do not have the language packs installed. (And am having problems getting hold of the language packs to install to see if this fixes the problem.)

Aside from installing the language packs, is there anything else I can try to help resolve the problem? (The characters in the content are displaying as expected.)

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps something in the Translation Info section of this page might help? (The specifics are for Japanese, but I believe the issue would apply to all double-byte languages).

http://helpware.net/FAR/far_faq.htm#JapComp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp