10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2012 3:03 AM by Riklookinfor RSS

DPS on MAC OS X Lion 10.7.3???

Riklookinfor Community Member

Hi everyone!

I started working od Digital Publishing and I have a Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 machine to work with. I'm asking myself does DPS run on this operative system or does it last till Snow Leopard 10.6.8? In this case, is it useful to work with QuarkXPress 9 on Mac OS X Lion? I need some suggestions about it.

Thank You.

Rik

• 1. Re: DPS on MAC OS X Lion 10.7.3???
          BobLevine CommunityMVP

DPS works with InDesign. Anything external would only be the desktop viewer and any online tools.

In short, it’s fine.

Bob

• 2. Re: DPS on MAC OS X Lion 10.7.3???

thank you, but my question was smth different. does dps works on mac os x 10.7.3 lion or do I have to use a mac os x 10.6.1 snow leopard? beacuse with the first one, indesign plug in as folio builder doesn't work out.

Rik

• 3. Re: DPS on MAC OS X Lion 10.7.3???
              BobLevine CommunityMVP

If you're having issues, please post full details. There are no known Lion specific issues with DPS.

Bob

• 4. Re: DPS on MAC OS X Lion 10.7.3???
                Himanshusingh10 Employee Hosts

DPS Tools work fine on MAC OS X (10.7.3). Alot of the DPS users are currently using MAC OS X. As Bob stated, there are no known Lion specific issues with DPS. Some issues may be system specific though limited to a single system which require OS troubleshooting which can happen with any OS. You should have InDesign CS5 or InDesign CS5.5 for a start.

• 5. Re: DPS on MAC OS X Lion 10.7.3???
                  Winston Barnard Community Member

In response to @Riklookinfor

I use InDesign CS5.5 on a MacBookPro i7, Dual Quad Core machine with 8GB RAM, (yes you should buy the extra RAM.....)

I am running Lion OS X 10.7.3.I have no issues running DPS, previewing conten, creating new content or sharing said content with others.

I still have older folios on my iPad, as but with my Csutom Adobe Content Viewer V.19 I can create and view V.18 folios (as it's backwards compatiable to one previous verison, and of course any new V.19 folios I can design & view as well.

I opted to download the updated Folio Producer Tools and Viewer Builder Panel. ( I just have to be an early adopter-bleeding edge baby! ) Becuase I did this,

I had to create a custom Adobe Content Viewer created using the DPS updated V.19 Toolset. This way I am be able to view any new folios, articles, apps I design

I have no issues opening older folios with V.19  or V.18 Custom Adobe Content Viewer on my iPad.  As we all know, we are still waiting on Apple to approve the new Adobe Content Viewer. Check back here in the DPS Forum.

As @Bob said above: "If you're having issues, please post full details. There are no known Lion specific issues with DPS."

The more information that can provided from any  iPad Crash Logs, InDesign Logs, or screehshots is most beneficial to everyone in this DPS Forum.

Neil from Adobe updates this DPS Forum daily most days regarding the  status of Apple's approval of the new Adobe Content Viewer.

Yes, DPS will run on Snow Leapord and CS5 InDesign just fine.

I hope this is helpful.

Winston

• 6. Re: DPS on MAC OS X Lion 10.7.3???

First of all, thanks everyone for being interested in my situation.

Here's all details you need.

I work in a graphic agency. We bought a new Mini Mac and a Macbook Pro recently to work with DPS, plus my own old Macbook. We did not buy yet the DP Suite, just downloaded free Folio Tools etc.

First of all, I installed CS5.5 and Indesign plug-ins on my own Macbook (I use also at home) and everything's ok: I can create folios, articles, etc. The only thing I can't do is viewing a magazine on the iPad beacuse this message appears: "the magazine is ready to be downloaded, but you should refresh the application" (I guess is about the Adobe Content Viewer app which I just correctly downloaded).     [FIRST PROBLEM]

How about the Mini Mac and Macbook Pro? I installed everything I need following adobe instructions. In the end always the same: the Folio Panel shows rounding icon and a massage appears: "error #3115".

I tried to uninstalled in such different ways: Indesign application, CS5.5, DPS tools, even folders in paths like Library/Adobe/etc... Nothing changed.

Sometimes it appears another error# during the installation of any plug-in (don't remember which one).

And other times, the Folio Panel shows smth like this: "a new version of Folio Builder is ready, let's download to get starting with Folio Creator" ..but the link is always the same.       [SECOND PROBLEM]

What I can't explain is how everything worked fine on my Macbook and not the same for Mini and Macbook Pro?

Thanks anyway guys.

Rik

• 8. Re: DPS on MAC OS X Lion 10.7.3???

is this for Mac?

• 9. Re: DPS on MAC OS X Lion 10.7.3???
                        Himanshusingh10 Employee Hosts

For error 3115, check out the solution on this forum post: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4265514#4265514

About the message with Folio Builder update, install the latest version of Folio Builder from here: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/ . This is a Mandatory Folio Builder Panel Update. You may choose to stick to older version of Folio producer.

Also if you have built your folio using Folio Producer Tools 1.9, then you should go ahead and download the latest version of Adobe Content viewer for iPad from App store which supports the new tools.

• 10. Re: DPS on MAC OS X Lion 10.7.3???

I did not used any pre-realesed CS6 but only CS5.5 and uninstalled and installed all folio tools from older to newest ones, but nothing change. So I guess I need to delete paths in library or other, but I don't know which ones anymore..

that's frustrating.