6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2012 4:09 PM by -Agfaclack- RSS

Are AF points used visible in Bridge?

FionaMMahomed

I had heard that the AF Points used to take a shot were visible in Bridge for CS6, though I can't see it at all. Was hoping this version might have it to save the other various pieces of software now on my mac. I'm finding the beta version quite promising....

• 1. Re: Are AF points used visible in Bridge?
          -Agfaclack- Community Member

i don´t think so.. where have your heard that?

• 2. Re: Are AF points used visible in Bridge?
            FionaMMahomed Community Member

I did a search, google...can't remember the exact location unfortunately and it wasn't reliable...I was just wondering as I couldn't see it and seemed like a cool feature. And as mentioned, would allow me to get rid of a few programs I only use for that.

• 3. Re: Are AF points used visible in Bridge?
              Yammer Community Member

I think it's unlikely, as it's probably one of those things that camera manufacturers hide from outsiders. I don't see how a new version of CS will make any difference.

• 4. Re: Are AF points used visible in Bridge?

well it´s no problem for other third party programs (as mentioned).

maybe not for all cameras but other third party programs can do it.

Yammer P wrote:

I think it's unlikely, as it's probably one of those things that camera manufacturers hide from outsiders. I don't see how a new version of CS will make any difference.

• 5. Re: Are AF points used visible in Bridge?
                  Yammer Community Member

-Agfaclack- wrote:

well it´s no problem for other third party programs (as mentioned).

maybe not for all cameras but other third party programs can do it.

I didn't see any programs mentioned other than CS6. Which ones are they?

We don't even know which camera manufacturer we're talking about.

I'd expect ViewNX and CaptureNX to know Nikon AF points because they are Nikon programs. Likewise, DPP should work with Canon.

I believe that Pentax and a couple of ther manufacturers support DNG, so they might make the AF information available to 3rd parties.

Every new camera raw format would need to be supported by these "third party programs" for this facility. It sounds like a tall order, but I'm happy to be surprised.

• 6. Re: Are AF points used visible in Bridge?

Yammer P wrote:

I didn't see any programs mentioned other than CS6. Which ones are they?

as he wrote:

And as mentioned, would allow me to get rid of a few programs I only use for that.

one for example would be breeze browser who shows AF points for canon and nikon DSLR cameras.

i think when adobe can figure out the demosaicing and other proprietary stuff, it should be no big problem to figure out the focus points (if they wanted too).