• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help output format that can be clicked and viewed from my support site?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I look any further, I should see if the Forum can help me. I'm using RoboHTML 8 and looking for the best output format that I can serve from my support site. If possible, I would like the user to be able to click and view the file right from the site without needing to download and run a locally saved file. Our support site is a Saleforce implementation. Any thoughts? Maybe I shouldn't use a help output format at all?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I might think any of the web based output formats would work well.

• WebHelp
  • FlashHelp
  • Web Based AIR Help

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we use webhelp now. I should have clarified that I was hoping for another single-file solution (like CHM but not....) that can be viewed right from their current browser, maybe another browser instance, but that doesn't also need a bunch of supporting files for viewing or displaying. Does this make sense? Maybe it's a pipedream and the real/only answer it a long HTML file? thanks for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WebHelp does not require the user to download a file so I am not understanding why you want to change from what you are using, unless by download you mean open it in a browser as you would with any web page.

If you make into one HTML file, that will take longer to display. Whether or not the time is significant is another matter. However it does mean the user than has to wade through one long topic.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp