• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can no longer view video on espn.com

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not work in IE or Firefox. I am running the latest versions of both browsers and am on Windows XP.

How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try clearing Flash's cache to see if that helps?

How do I clear my Flash Player cache and settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I cleared Flash's cache and it did not make any difference. I have the latest version of Flash Player installed and am running the most current version of FireFox.

There is just a black box that displays where the video should be. See below. I can view YouTube videos with no problem however.

video.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes this can be caused by ad blockers disabling advertisements that can play before the main content.  Could you make sure that any ad blockers are disabled and try again?  In addition, I'd also recommend resetting your hosts file in case that has also been modified.

How can I reset the hosts file back to the default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have any ad blockers running - just Avast Antivirus.

I tried renaming ths Hosts file and the video still doesn't play.

I know that it used to and can't figure out what else could be causing this to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, what happens if you disable Avast?  Do you have any other firewall software that could be running?  Would you be willing to try this with Google Chrome?  And finally, could you try the manual process of clearing the cache using the link I gave above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely disabled Avast and it made no difference. There is a firewall running on my wireless router - I don't see anything unusual there.

The video does not play in Google Chrome either. I tried manual removing the cache as well. No dice.

I am at a loss....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue with Flash for the last week, just get a black screen where the video would play.  Using an HP Pavilion laptop, Windows 7, with Intel graphics.  ESPN didn't work in Firefox, showing "Content Unavailable - Internal Server Error", but the same video works now in IE after deleting the flash cache as suggested above.  YouTube videos work fine in either browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed the problem, I deleted the following 2 keys in Registry Editor:

'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\AppData'

'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\AppData'

Videos now play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[moderator: personal information removed as per forums guidelines]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Chris' suggestion does not fix the problem, can you explain a little bit more detailed what "not work" means?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moderator: Personal informaiton deleted per forums policy>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locking thread due to it's age.

If you're experiencing issues please start a new discussion and provide the following information:

• Operating System, including version
  • Browser, including version
  • Flash Player version (https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html)
    • Browsers block Flash by default, unblock/allow Flash to get the version number
  • Detailed description of issue encountered, including steps to reproduce
  • Screenshot of error message, if any

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines