• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my inline css styles for BC tags being ignored and just default to blue underlines?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am familiar with inline css styling for email campaigns and have always customised links in emails with the code I sent:

however Im puzzled why this code doesn't work with BC tags {tag_viewinbrowser} and {tag_unsubscribe}, any help would

be great as I think the default blue links look ugly.

This is my code: <a href="" style="color:#78787c; text-decoration:underline;">{tag_viewinbrowser}</a>

All other links I have styled appear as they should, its just BC tags where the style seems to be ignored?

TOPICS
Email marketing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can put <style>span#unsubscribe a{color:red;}</style> code in your newsletter html that can address the DOM that is specific to those links.  BC is adding it's own anchor tags for those links so your style isn't touching it.  Rewrite your tag to look like this.  <span id="unsubscribe">{tag_unsubscribe}</span>   .  That with the style code will solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, thats a great help, solved the problem! Great, much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to do it properly though and the first post is very valid, do that all the time in emails.

A number of email clients won't read <style></style>.

Campaign monitor have a great guide on what CSS works:
http://www.campaignmonitor.com/css/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines