• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Popping sound when watching youtube videos since 11.2

Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have been using the beta 11.2 and now the release of 11.2 and from the start I get a pop sound when I move the play bar ahead or back amd I loose my buffer.

Say I'm watching a video and I am 1/4 into the video and my buffer shows 3/4, if I advance the video to say 1/2 way, I hear a high pitch tone and a POP and then the buffer starts over from that point.

I never had this issue with 11.1 and it does this in all the beat 11.2's I tried.

I was hoping it would be fixed but it is not.

Anyone else notice this?

I am using windows 7 with IE8 32 bit.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a short video of the issue and I notice it won't do it on 240P but does on 360 and 480P

OK I just tried 720P and 1080P and I don't notice the pop.

I wouldn't mind so much but most videos are 360P or 480P so I have to deal with the poping most times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I wasn't able to reproduce this with YouTube and some random MSN videos on IE9.  Do you have any links that I can try out?  In the meantime, would you mind opening up a new bug at bugbase.adobe.com and include a copy of your dxdiag report and a specific link and we'll investigate further?  Please post back with the URL so that others affected can add their votes and comments.

Thanks,

Chris

Edit:  Thanks for posting the video.  It's not available yet, but I'll try back again tomorrow morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an example URL where this occurs?  Where you also able to get a bug report added with your dxdiag info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any youtube video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue started happening here yesterday (30.3.12)  with Youtube vids..any solutions?.

btw I'm using Win 7 64 bit and running chrome.

Message was edited by: McHog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already reported months ago and not fixed: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3094643

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just registered to confirm this, this morning (+3 GMT EU) adobe said update is available, i installed it, then started to notice poping sound with ANY youtube videos in 480p and 360p if I'm trying to skip ahead the load bar, and as others said, playing in 720p or 240p does not make a poping sound. I'm rolling back to previous 11.1.102.63 version, why would Adobe release a crappy version with problems is beyond me.

Edit : Yep, it's completely fine with older version, anyone want to grab it, here : http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html#main_Archived_versions, scroll down a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peo99,

Could you create a new bug report over at bugbase.adobe.com and please include your OS version, browser version, sample URL and a copy of your dxdiag report?  Also indicate in the bug report that this does not occur with 11.1.102.63.  When done, please post back with the bug number and/or URL.  I'll start investigating this internally.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated today to 11.2.202.233 and it still pops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to recommend that everyone take a minute and vote for the following bug:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3094643

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris,

This is a response towards your request to Peo99's issue on "popping sound when watching youtube videos". I am running on Firefox with Flash version 27.0.0.183 on Windows 10 Home 64; currently encountering popping sound. Can you please help? my email address is [moderator: deleted email address as per forums privacy policy] any help is greatly appreciated! thnx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're posting to a discussion topic that is over 5 years old and on an extremely old version of Flash.  Whatever issue you are experiencing now is most likely not related to the topic you're posting to, especially since YouTube has defaulted to HTML5 video for several years.  Please start a new discussion topic and provide the following information:

• Operating system version
  • Web browser and version
  • Flash Player version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • A direct link to a web page that demonstrates the problem
  • If you get error messages, please provide a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vargas,

I understand that this is a 5 yrs old discussion topic. However i am experiencing the same issue as of today. I just purchased a new HP ENVY 360 Laptop running on Windows 10 Home, Firefox (NPAPI), FLash 27.0.0.183.

The "popping" issue is exactly per the above description (per Peo99). I called HP support center and the rep claimed that it's an issue with the Flash player. There is no "popping" if i watch youtube using Chrome or IE. Also, there is no "popping" heard if i watch any video running on windows media player. In addition, no "popping" if i use headset as well.

I have created a Bug ID: FP-4198694 on the Adobe Tracker. Any help would be appreciated. thnx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

post the direct link of the youtube video in question, include a screenshot of the video context menu (right-click on video to display menu)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have posted the "popping" sound issue as attachments (audio & video) on FP-4198694, Adobe Tracker. As far as the video you requested above: any video will work (as it will trigger the popping sound whenever you skip ahead or behind the load bar. Are you able to gain access to FP-4198694?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first looked at the bug, there was only audio, no video.  The video does not show if it is a Flash video or HTML5 video, which YouTube uses.  Please provide the previously requested information (direct link to content and screenshot of context menu).

<edit>

also, please ensure you have the latest audio & video drivers installed for your system.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

River Water Increase Suddenly - YouTube

i hope this answers your request above. Yes, i added the video on to the tracker after the audio.

also, please ensure you have the latest audio & video drivers installed for your system. Yes, HP remote session-ed my laptop and ensured i have the latest and greatest drivers (audio & video).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<edited to add a different screenshot>

Right-clicking on the video, from the link you provided, does not display the Flash Player context-menu, indicating the video is not Flash video:

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 11.50.16 AM.jpg

Here is a different context-menu for same video:

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 11.31.39 AM.jpg

In the context-menu above, click 'Inspect Element' displays the following:

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 11.32.48 AM.jpg

The video portion, highlighted, shows "video.video-streaming.html5-main-video"

This is a Flash Player context-menu:

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 11.35.43 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay...i did the same thing, steps 1, 2 & 3 and was able to get what you got

Step 1) right click on the video followed by left click on "Inspect Element"

Step 2) was able to get per the below

Step 3) was able to see the cloud moving, but popping sound still persists...so what do you suggest me to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Troubleshooting non-Flash Player issues is beyond the scope of these forums.  A few things you could try:

• does the behaviour reproduce on a different browser?
    • If not, it's an issue with the content on Firefox.
    • If so, it could be indicative of a system issue
  • could be something with audio settings
  • Perform an internet search for something like popping sound on youtube videos firefox​ or similar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was "little" annoyed too. I mean this popping audio while seeking is just unacceptable. There is an easy solution. Start using HTML5 on Youtube. It may be a beta but it works way better than Adobe Flash.

To start watching youtube videos in HTML5 video and not flash, please go here.(If you want you can always leave the HTML5 beta the same way you entered)  http://www.youtube.com/html5

No Flash, No popping.

OS Windows 7 x64, Firefox 11 & Chrome 18

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.3 appears to have resolved it: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11-3.html

But it should have been fixed in 11.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mankey82 I hope that you are not recommending people to use a Adobe Flash 11.3 beta 1. The previous version 11.2 was supposed to be "stable" with five Betas, 1 Release candidate and 1 one security fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines