• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

probblem printing to file in FM8

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have FM8 installed on two computers. The main computer, one which I use daily and which is being updated automatically, and a secondary one which is rarely turned on. In FM8 on the main computer, I now experience a problem which is new, I cannot print to file, and when I print to PDF, large portions of the text, usually after a font change, like from Italics to Roman, disappear from the resulting PDF. This does not occur on the secondary machine which functions as it always did.

I had Acrobat pro 9 on the main computer, and Acrobat Pro 8 on the secondary. Updating to Acrobat X on the main computer, did not change the situation.

Obviously, FM8 on the main computer has been corrupted in some fashion. The software works as it always did, but I simply cannot use it to generate PDFs any more. the question is this:

What could have corrupted the program and how I can repair it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it an XP machine? There an MS hotfix for this issue with PDFs - search the FM forum for the link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. Both machines are XP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's probably the issue - run the hotfix & let us know if it solved it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes and no. I ran the hotfix (took me whole day to back up the computer first....). The resulting PDF is now OK, Nothing is missing. However, I still cannot print to file. When I check the respective box, I immediately get an error message that says:

Cannot write to specified print file.

I tried different file names, different extensions, with the same result.

What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines