1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 13, 2012 8:11 PM by Wil Renczes

Avid AAF into Premiere works until "This project contained a sequence that could not be opened."

ElliotFrahs Level 1

I'm exporting an audio timeline from Avid to an AAF. I chose to copy and convert all the audio media into .WAV files, to place on a new harddrive and to provide a readable format for Premiere/Audition; (I read that Audition doesn't import AAF, but Premiere does, and can transfer to Audition.)

Importing this AAF into premiere seems to work - it apparently links to the media and uses the AAF edl to create a new sequence, but before the import is successful I get the error message:

"Fire Import Failure

C:\[path]\PicLockAvidAudioTimelineExport.prproj

Error Message

This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type."

What I don't understand is that this apparently refers to a premiere project sequence - prproj. Why is Premiere having trouble importing an AAF created from Avid?

Using Premiere at school, I can import the AAF just fine. I'm using Premiere CS5 at home.

Thank you!