• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed latest 11.2 Flash Player and drmtest says I need to update

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest version of Flash but I still cannot watch video on Amazon Instant.  Contacted Amazon and uninstalled latest version and re-installed old version.  Still didn't work.  I updated Java.  Still didn't work.  I restarted the computer and it still doesn't work.  I re-installed the latest version of Flash and it still doesn't work.  I searched for "native cache" and finder doesnt' find any file by that name.   I went to the Adobe Flash Acess Sample Video Player and it says I need the latest version of Flash. But I HAVE the latest verson of Flash - so it's not Amazon or Mac its Adobe and this website is not very helpful so far.   Does anyone know why this product doesn't work? I've been troubleshooting and looking for help for 3 hours. 

I am running on Mac OS X 10.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please see the following link and find out which version of Flash Player you installed? http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like the title says 11.2 - it works in Safari now but not Firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Firefox are you using?  Can you type in "about:plugins" in the address bar and tell me if Shockwave Flash is present and if so, what version is installed?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox is updated

this is what it says when I type in "about:plugins"

File: Flash Player.pluginVersion: 11.2.202.228 Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Firefox 11. and it says its up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just gave this a try with FP 11.2.202.228 and FF 11, though on 10.7.3.  I was able to start watching the movie 13 Assassins without any problem.

Could you try creating a new Firefox profile to see if that helps?

Make a new profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I responded earlier to that question - it works fine in Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I noticed that after I posted.  I edited my reply to just see if making a new profile made a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will try that and let you know if that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I have almost the same problem it seems.

I have reinstalled Adobe Flash Player (latest), used the Uninstaller from the website. It installs correctly.

Even tho it doesnt seem right when i check my programs installed.

Because before i had 2 Adobe Flash Player (i use CCleaner for this), I got the Adobe Flash Player Plugin 64-bit

and another at name Adobe Flash Player 11 something. And before i did the same thing as i did now.

But it should probably be only the Plugin one.

Anyways. When i try to watch Youtube videos, it won't use Flash Player at all. And Firefox says

i have Flash Player, and its up to date and everything.  But Youtube wont use it. Some do odd enough.

Vimeo use it tho.

And now i came across this thread, and i tried that Profile thing you told. And it does work with a new profile.

With the same Youtube video (copy link from old Profile). So i guess it's the profile that's broken.

Example of videos:

Doesnt work:       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3PMCD7aMRI&hd=1

Works just fine:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ46Ot4_lLo&feature=related&hd=1

But how could i fix this then?  Cause i realy don't want to do a new profile and lose all the settings etc i have at the moment.

Would be realy awesome if you could provide a fix for me

I might have been unclear on some things, not that good at english at some points.

So just ask if you need more info and ill try to provide it for you.

// Mjolkspam

Message was edited by: Mjolkspam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem, but a new profile didn't help at all....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines